Baltimore Financial Lines Branch Manager - Assistant Vice President
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb is seeking a Financial Lines Branch Manager to execute growth and underwriting business strategies by implementing established action plans and goals for the Baltimore branch. This manager will work within their local branch and with Financial Lines Regional Manager to achieve profitable underwriting results through the growth, development, servicing and underwriting of Private, Not-for-Profit, and Health Care business of all sizes along with marketing the broad portfolio of Financial Lines Products including Cyber, Professional Liability, Financial Institutions and Public Company Management Liability.
Baltimore has $9M of Private and Not-for-Profit premium and $26M in total Financial Lines premiums which is produced from over 50 agents in the Baltimore Territory. The position will report to the Mid Atlantic Financial Lines Regional Manager. As a key member of the local team, the Baltimore Financial Lines Manager will also be accountable for helping to drive local cross-sell activities.
Profitability and Production:
- Delivers upon the established New and Renewal business goals as provided by the Financial Lines Regional manager.
- P&L accountability includes responsibility for premium, profitability, growth, retention and expense plans/results. This may include weekly projections/forecasts as well as business and budget planning produced by the Baltimore branch, including the Underwriting Service Branch
- Ensures profitability through underwriting integrity by meeting all underwriting standards as outlined by Financial Lines Home office and all applicable Underwriting Guidelines, Authorities, Playbooks and Position Papers including:
- Risk Selection
- Pricing & Attachments including Rate Change Goals
- Terms & Conditions
- Manuscript Form & Endorsement processes
- File Construction and documentation
- Partners with Regional Chubb team to enhance producer relationships and results
- Develops and drives new business including completing target account responsibilities
- Implements sales management process including business plans for key producers
- Collaborates with other business units to drive growth and implement cross sell strategies within Financial Lines and across Commercial Insurance
- Collaborates with Underwriting Service Branch to maximize efficiency of qualifying business; leverages New Business Service team and online quoting capabilities to enhance efficiency and support new business generation; pursues Small Commercial Financial Lines business in conjunction with Small Commercial sales reps embedded locally or within the region.
- Represents Financial Lines in the marketplace amongst brokers, customers, competitors and industry organizations; must be able to play a key leadership role accordingly
- Minimum of 5-7 Years Underwriting Experience with strong knowledge of Private/NFP products, underwriting, marketing and the competitive environment
- Knowledge, skills and abilities in revenue generation, leadership and producer management
- Exhibited competencies in communication, collaborating and executing strategy
- Well-established track record of overseeing a profitable book of business and high level of underwriting expertise
- Strong presentation skills and effective communication of strategies, goals and plans
- Influence management and proven ability to balance multiple stakeholder perspectives to achieve business goals
- Effective engagement and motivation of staff
- Collaborative partner with the branch, home office, claims, general counsel, marketing and communications, operations and HR.
- Experience with Broker Relations & Customer Management
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.