Middle River Aerostructure Systems is a world-leading manufacturer of thrust reverser (the braking system on a jet engine), engine nacelle components and specialized aerostructures. It supplies and supports these products for engine makers, airplane manufacturers and aircraft operators. Located on Maryland's Chesapeake Bay near Baltimore, MRAS has a 1.7-million sq. ft. facility situated on 180 acres - where the company and its predecessors have designed, built and equipped civil and military aircraft for nearly 90 years. In 2019, MRAS was acquired by VT Systems, the U.S. affiliate of Singapore-based ST Engineering - becoming a part of its global network of aerospace facilities and offices. With the ownership change, the company was renamed Middle River Aerostructure Systems.
MRAS offers these incentives for hourly roles:
• Healthcare Benefits Package
• 401k Savings Plan
• Quarterly Pay Increases and COLA pay
• Shift Differential Pay
• Overtime Opportunities
• Paid-Time Off/Vacation
• Educational Assistance Reimbursement
• Health & Safety Personal Protective Program
• On-the-Job Training
To perform complex assembly and/or installation operations involving fitting and adjusting parts and assemblies of major production sub assemblies* or complete minor assemblies**, to checkout minor assembly tools; and/or to perform the more difficult types of riveting. To perform this function in accordance with the following duties:
Works from blueprints, tool write-ups, lofts, sketches, verbal information, etc. to perform assigned duties.
Performs assembly of a major production subassembly* and operations of similar complexity where the work involves assembly or installation without the aid of tools, or the existing tools do not locate all parts and assemblies and the specifications necessitate fitting and adjusting of parts or details, coordinating of location of many details and similar duties.
Determines location, position, accuracy of fit, conformity to contour, etc., of parts and assemblies by comparison with blueprints and/or lofts. Reams holes where no tool is provided, or where extremely close tolerances must be held.
Fairs outer surfaces where the contour of the work surface is formed into compound angles and reverse curves by working the frames or sunken areas into smooth contour and correct position.
Performs the more difficult types of riveting operations including riveting in areas where accessibility is very difficult. Suggests and uses special types of bucking bars and/or riveting tools as required to accomplish assigned tasks. Adjusts and operates Drivematic, Erco, and similar riveting machines.
Makes repairs, replacements and alterations in accordance with engineering and/or Quality Control requirements on work performed by self or other employees when such operations entail work as specified above.
Prepares surface areas for the application of adhesive and/or sealing compounds by wiping clean with solvent.
Applies primer and adhesive to surface, installs parts and material, and assures proper fit.
Seals parts by applying proper sealant, lays parts together and uses clamps, screws and fasteners as required.
Visually checks parts to assure proper application of sealant.
Performs initial assembly of parts in minor assembly tools to ascertain location, fit, clearance, etc., of parts in tool and to prove the method and sequence of work operations.
Uses check tools, fixtures, inspection gauges, and precision measuring devices to acquire product acceptance data. Enters such data into the Improved Inspection System (IIS).
• Requires a HS diploma/GED equivalent.
• Must be 18 years of age or order.
• Ability to stand and perform work duties for an extended period of time
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
• Ability to work in various temperatures (e.g. warm, hot, cold, freezing) to complete warehouse tasks.
• Ability to work in an environment that includes dust and other debris
• Ability to be objective and flexible in adapting to changes in priorities, work assignments, and other interactions that may impact pre-established course of action for completing projects and assignments.
• Ability to work independently on projects or assignments without close supervisions or detailed instructions to maximize workplace productivity.
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely, detailed, and orderly manner.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others (e.g., employees, vendors, truck drivers, public) to create a productive environment.
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
MRAS is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.