Our Automation Engineers keep our cutting-edge process controls and process monitoring systems running at peak efficiency. We provide unsurpassed expertise in designing, developing, implementing, and optimizing Regeneron's sophisticated biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
As an Automation Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Designing, developing, and implementing software/hardware improvements to existing automated equipment and new equipment according to change control procedures.
- Using PLCs and HMIs to provide technical support and solutions to Manufacturing, Quality Control, and Facilities according to established SOPs and departmental practices.
- Performing troubleshooting and investigations relating to manufacturing deviations and anomalies associated with automated control systems.
- Developing and editing engineering design documents, technical evaluations, and test plans for cGMP process equipment while following GAMP 5 guidelines.
- Supporting small manufacturing, engineering, and validation projects.
- Providing support to process control and process monitoring equipment software design, commissioning, testing, and corrective action.
- Authoring or updating system specifications, user and functional requirements specifications, generating and executing vital Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and (Site Acceptance Testing) SAT protocols.
- Want to support our extraordinary team to produce the highest quality medicines for patients as efficiently as possible to change people's lives.
- Want to challenge the status-quo and champion an environment where continuous improvement is not just metrics - it's a mentality for everyone, every day, to do better.
- Enjoy project-oriented work with a career goal of being regarded as an expert in keeping a biopharmaceutical process running smoothly.
- Have a knack for compiling documentation and enjoy it!
- Don't get frustrated with a meticulous process of change control, investigations and corrective actions.
To be considered for our Automation Engineer position, we prefer a BS in Engineering or a related field. We expect you to have least 2 years of experience in the design and maintenance of process control systems and/or data acquisition systems.
Senior level Engineers should have at least 5 years of experience in this area. You should be able to demonstrate strong skills developing, troubleshooting and maintaining PLCs and HMI systems in a pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility. We use Allen-Bradley and Siemens control system products and video graphic chart recorders; specific knowledge with these products is ideal. Our Automation Engineers are smart, flexible troubleshooters. We thrive in a culture of trust, teamwork, and transparency.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.