Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That's why we're focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We're revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
For Abbott social media is one of the most valued platforms where consumers interact with the brand. It is an opportunity to own share of voice and drive brand equity through engaging content & conversations. Our location in Alameda, CA currently has an opportunity for an Associate Product Manager, Social Media.
This role is focused on the Abbott owned social media platforms, how customers want to engage, and driving conversation that leads to overall positive brand sentiment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support the development of social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Work with the broader social and consumer teams to leverage curated owned content across other tactics (paid advertising, partnerships, etc.)
- Moderate questions and responses for all social content in line with the moderation policy for each platform
- Support the development of Organic and Paid editorial calendars and syndication schedules
- In close partnership with Quality, Scientific Affairs and Regulatory affairs, manage the approval process of all organic, paid and influencer content
- Support the approval of Influencer contracts, product orders and compliance monitoring
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Collaborate with other departments (customer care, public affairs, global strategic marketing, sales, etc.) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
Bachelors Degree required.
Three years previous marketing experience.
Strong presentation and communication skills.
Critical thinking and analysis of market conditions and opportunities.
Digital marketing a strong plus.
Thorough understanding and a strong point of view on today's social media landscape.
Strong interest and enthusiasm for marketing and social media.
Strong analytical skills able to draw conclusions from data, management information and trends.
Ability to learn a new subject quickly.
Sound time management skills, highly organized, and committed to achieving goals.
Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Creativity, copy writing skills.
Proficiency in English, Spanish is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity. Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on