Associate Director, Supply Chain And Third Party Logistics Operations
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
The primary objectives of the Associate Director Supply Chain and Third-Party Logistics Operations role are:
- To be the primary liaison with Global Supply Chain and have functional responsibility for management of the company's domestic and global commercial and clinical inventory management, clinical trial materials, and commercial supply production planning for manufacturing at the affiliate sites in the United States.
- Responsible for developing a comprehensive understanding of and managing day to day operations at Ipsen's Third-Party Logistics (3PL) provider, ensuring appropriate inventories are viable, managing the daily interaction between 3PL Customer Service and Ipsen, coordinating special needs and special requests to meet patient and customer needs; review and management of daily activities, financial, product, and logistical flows with the primary goal of connecting patients with the product and the secondary goal of supporting Ipsen's needs.
Critical to the successful execution of this role and the business relationship management is the ongoing collaboration and involvement of key stakeholders in understanding the validity and confidence of monthly forecasting, sales trends, and marketing initiatives to support the coordination of Supply Chain activities and to validate assumptions about demand forecasts. Furthermore, the incumbent must be comfortable guiding and leading without authority, in particular in working with the 3PL to maintain compliance against expectations and requirements.
(Primary duties/responsibilities performed in order of importance, methods used and end result. Indicate % of time spent on each; list no function less than 10%)
- Function: 3PL relationship and activities management
- Analyze and understand product demand, flow, inventory, replenishment process, lead times.
- Interfaces with appropriate Trade personnel, and where appropriate Medical personnel to manage through complex issues and to coordinate special deliverables as needed.
- Proficient at SAP and other systems to ensure appropriate systems updates and data flows to maintain process current.
- Supports Medical in training and serving as a backup to procuring and delivering product for investigational purposes.
- Responsible for working with Data Aggregator and Data Interpreter companies to manage Trade-specific data deliverables that are derived from the 3PL
- Builds and presents 3PL scorecards measuring performance against contract.
- Supports Trade Account Directors through business analysis in ensuring product distribution and contractual performance of the 3PL are optimal.
- Understands and with the support of Account Directors, integrates Trade customer inventory levels of Ipsen products in customer warehouses with the goal of understanding the impact to 3PL inventory, and to Supply Chain orders
- Supports Sr. Director, Trade in managing requests from Finance relative to product purchasing trends
- Examines field intelligence data and internally discusses appropriate inventory changes and adjustments at 3PL with Sr. Director, Trade, implementing as needed to meet field activities.
- Proficient at assisting Trade in resolving customer distribution issues by having a good working knowledge of various 3PL departments and functional roles within those departments.
- Analyze and recommend process enhancements to shipping and/or packaging needs
- Responsible for reviewing, approving or denying initial customer returns
- Responsible for approving Disposition Requests for product destruction.
- Routinely coordinates with 3PL and Ipsen for destruction of idle inventory to minimize Ipsen inventory carrying costs.
- Interfaces with Quality and Medical affairs on all clinical shipments
- Is knowledgeable of customer ordering trends and takes appropriate steps to communicate missing or potential errant orders.
- Approves PAP shipments
- Understands the sample fulfillment process and ensures valid sample requests are fulfilled per Ipsen shipping requirements.
- Interfaces with 3PL and Quality to ensure new product is released in a timely manner.
- Routinely monitors 3PL warehouse inventories to ensure appropriate inventory ratios for disaster mitigating planning.
- Frequently interfaces with Ipsen's customer service specialist on all matters related to orders, returns and daily activities.
- Works proactively with Ipsen's customer service specialist to identify all delayed orders and appropriate action to minimize cost to customer and Ipsen.
- Provides go/no go shipping directions on all in climate weather impacting Ipsen product and works with Trade and 3PL on contingency plans.
- Function: Supply Chain Operations
- Manage and implement solutions to meet all aspects of the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA
- Effectively review, communicate and submit for approval commercial product replenishment supply plans with Ipsen manufacturing partners as per SLA and contract agreements.
- Lead monthly S&OP discussions with appropriate decision makers (marketing, sales, finance), coordinating and managing the formal monthly US S&OP demand, supply and reconciliation process as per required time schedules for the affiliate products. Assure alignment between US S&OP practices and Global S&OP parameters / processes.
- Manage the monthly S&OP Demand Forecasts and inventory positions into the DP / DRP tool.
- Serve as the supply chain representative on the Commercial Launch, Clinical Operations, and other teams as assigned.
- Coordinate the planning demands at the Affiliate manufacturing locations via OMC. This responsibility includes establishment and maintenance of rolling forecasts for clinical and commercial products for the Affiliate sites, planning and oversight of clinical packaging and labeling operations for drug product, and coordination of clinical and commercial logistics for product supply.
- Decide and maintain product inventory balances, replenishment and safety stocks levels as per Global and Local Supply Chain parameters, contracts, trends, and policy, recommending adjustments as necessary to maintain appropriate stocking to meet demand and safety stock
- Manage and maintain approved freight carriers and brokers sufficient to assure robust transportation and physical handling of all products and materials with special attention on managing cold chain distribution capability and executing robust import / export processes.
- Develop, input, and review investigational new drug application technical sections of regulatory submissions as related specifically to supply chain packaging, labeling, shipping, and distribution of clinical supplies.
- Prepare, review and execute all relevant departmental SOP's, business procedures, and work flow processes.
- Monitor and compare packaging component re-order quantities against supply plan to assure appropriate component inventory levels.
- Prepare monthly dashboards, KPIs and metrics sufficient to measure performance of warehouse operations, transportation processes, inventory levels, and forecast (demand and supply) accuracy. Execute actions to remediate issues and drive for continual process and performance improvements.
- Prepare annual Department Operating Budgets. Manage expenses at or below approved budget spending targets.
- Prepare and manage purchase orders and contracts required to initiate supply chain services and goods. Audit, validate and approve relevant supply chain vendor invoices for accuracy and timely submission for payment.
- Up to 30% travel
Reporting Relationships/Significant Contacts
(Insert or attach organization chart showing manager, peers and subordinates)
Marketing- Brand leads and comptrollers
Finance- comptrollers, CFO, Accounting, FP&A
Value and Access- Trade Management, Corporate Account Management
Scope Measures/Decision Making
(Quantitative measures which describe the position's impact on the company. (examples -- operating budget, headcount, gross sales, profit, number of vendors, value of contracts). Also, describe the types of decisions this position makes independently.
Management of Supply Chain functions to support $300MM organization
Management of $3MM Supply Chain budget
Management of $121MM 3PL inventory
Management of complex and varied vendor and transportation systems to ensure full and timely support of $300MM organization
Creation and management of information and analysis systems to support and enhance operations led by five account directors in support of $300MM organization
Incumbent is responsible for managing a complex and varied matrix of vendors, internal and external resources..... click apply for full job details