AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results. All while wearing jeans to work!
Associate Director, Strategic Communications
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE...
- An Innovative Creator. You are accountable for developing, executing and managing HCP engagement activities for Allergan Aesthetics' Body Contouring Franchise. This role collaborates closely with the brand marketers and agency partners to create innovative and best-in-class prospect and customer engagement, education and training initiatives that drive product utilization and sales. This position will partner with national and regional societies and organizations to enhance Allergan's presence at society meetings and will hold key responsibility for all Body Contouring advisory initiatives.
- A Key Leader and Driver in Initiatives. As a member of the marketing team, this individual will be Responsible for driving the strategic and systematic engagement of healthcare providers in Body Contouring with a focus on Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs). Coordinates the development and execution of external-facing engagement and communication strategies, tactics and channels resulting in a strong strategic communications platform that supports optimum market penetration of new and existing portfolio products and programs. Member of the Body Contouring Marketing Team with close relations to Product Managers to ensure active alignment with U.S. inline market needs and trends. Collaborates cross-functionally with Marketing, Professional Relations, Medical Affairs, Legal, Compliance, and Sales to effectively develop and execute customer-facing strategy tactics including identifying HCP partnership opportunities, building KOL engagement plans and managing U.S. Body Contouring Strategic Marketing-supported advisory boards. Develops and executes Body Contouring franchise presence at major meetings and orchestrates strategic alliances with major aesthetic national and regional societies.
- A Multi-Faceted Leader. The successful candidate will have experience in the following areas: working in a multi-faceted, high-paced matrix environment, strategic marketing plan development and execution, budget development and oversight, effective communication skills, ability to multi-task and consistently manage multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Develops Body Contouring healthcare provider engagement plan. Partners with Professional Relations to actively manage KOL master list and execute Advisory Boards, presence at major meetings, and orchestrates strategic alliances with major aesthetic national and regional societies.
- Represents the Commercial interest for Body Contouring within internal R&D and Medical Affairs activities by providing marketing input to R&D, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Clinical, Business Development and Manufacturing functions. Collaborates cross-functionally to ensures priorities are aligned to support current and future business goals.
- Provides support to the strategic issues management process by identifying and assessing strategic issues. Leads, participates, and/or facilitates strategic discussion and manages strategic initiatives, as applicable.
- Develops effective working relationships and captures feedback and guidance from KOLs, broader healthcare providers, and office staff to help drive and elevate Marketing activities in support of Facial Aesthetic brands. Attends major conventions and meetings and stays abreast of Portfolio science via medical and scientific literature, scientific meetings, and symposia.
- This person collaborates with cross functional stakeholders in professional marketing, upstream marketing, R&D, medical affairs to develop content and execute advisory boards to drive strategic insights.
- Supports Sales and Marketing in identifying appropriate speakers for speaker engagements such as Prospecting Workshops, Product Theaters, etc. This person will partner with compliance and marketing operations (MOP) to manage annual speaker contracts and the annual operating plan (AOP) for Body Contouring.
- Develops effective working relationships with sales force, key physicians, brand teams and executive leadership, while coordinating cross-franchise, and cross-functionally. Stays abreast of product knowledge and industry trends as related to The Body Contouring Franchise. Travel to national/regional conferences and sales training meetings required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required; Master's degree from an accredited institution preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of physician education, strategic communications experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with many levels of employees of various disciplines within various departments and all other internal and external contacts
- Business project management skills with the ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Experience in healthcare preferred
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Ability to travel 40%
For this role, we're looking for a leader who is:
- Excellence Focused
- Open and Authentic
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.