Kite is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal - curing cancer. Every single day, we seek to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work. Would you like to join us in this mission?
We are seeking a highly motivated leader to join us as an Associate Director of Procurement Operations. The Associate Director will be responsible for executing Kite's Global Procure vision for indirect and direct goods, materials and services for all functions of the company as well as maintaining alignment with the Global Strategic Sourcing team's strategic initiatives, the stakeholder's objectives, and adherence to financial compliance policies and procedures. This role is a financial steward in Procure to Pay (P2P) and will lead the procurement activities for direct and indirect goods, material, and services for Kite functions globally (US & NL currently) serving as P2P process owner. Further, this leader will lead a transactional and operational center-led buying group of 5-10 employees for direct and indirect goods and services and in doing so, will ensure the purchasing through invoicing steps are compliant and support category/sourcing managers with spot buying, quotes, RFx below a dollar threshold, supplier onboarding, and contract administration.
Responsibilities of the Associate Director of Procurement Operations include:
- Leads a team of buyers for the processes from purchase to invoice
- Oversees procurement operations for direct and indirect goods, materials and services, and is accountable for driving the standardization and continuous improvements of Kite's P2P capability, process, and systems
- Ensures purchasing policies and processes are in place to meet business objectives, operational needs for price, service, quality and delivery or project targets
- Supports Buying Channel selection and execution, as defined by spend, category and respective category manager(s)
- Establishes goals and metrics for performance of P2P function against targets, recognizing successes, areas of opportunity and development initiatives
- Leads and develops a team of buyers while ensuring procedures, work instructions, and standard work are in place
- Maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Collaborates with Financial Shared Services and Controllership office to meet service levels
- Acts as changes management leader, driving for continuous improvement of the P2P value stream
- Drives the integration and interdependence between upstream Source to Contract (S2C) and Procure to Pay (P2P) downstream
- Supports Audits, provides Contract Maintenance and maintains Catalogs
- Provides supplier on-boarding support
- Represent and make decisions on behalf of Global P2P processes and systems; sitting on various cross-functional governance boards
- Serves as process owner and set overall direction of all processes within procure-to-pay ("P2P") cycle to support multiple campuses with an emphasis on efficiency and effectiveness in meeting the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Leads establishment or revision of policy and direction of P2P processes via clear and measurable goals that drive continuous improvement and roadmap prioritization
- Develops and/or executes procurement and/or payable strategies to create purchase discipline Kite to maximize cost savings and efficiency
- Stays current on the latest developments, best practices and trends in assigned process area while working with indirect and direct operational support functions to ensure appropriate metrics and implemented and monitored
Ph.D. degree with 2+ years' experience within Finance or Accounting or Supply Chain on behalf of a global organization
MA/MS Degree and 8+ years' experience within Finance or Accounting or Supply Chain on behalf of a global organization
BS / BA Degree with 10+ years' experience within Finance or Accounting or Supply Chain on behalf of a global organization
High School with 14+ years' experience within Finance or Accounting or Supply Chain on behalf of a global organization
- 7+ years of P2P experience in a high transaction, multi-site organization procurement operations focused area
- 5+ years of leading and developing teams
- Experience in implementing and managing (P2P) solution
- ERP/Procurement Module experience required (Oracle EBS iProcure or etc.)
- Advanced experience in data analysis and analytical decision-making skills
- Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in managing large/diverse teams
- Motivated individual who works well with others and thinks clearly under pressure
- Prior experience in leading system and process changes
- Exceptional ability to problem-solve individually or in a group setting
- Ability to shift priorities quickly, while maintaining organization and control
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to supervise and direct assigned staff including monitoring and evaluating work performance, interviewing and hiring staff, conducting training and development, establishing work priorities and scheduling job tasks
- Ability to work and communicate with various levels, including members of the executive leadership team
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply today!
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit . Sign up to on Twitter at .
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.