Associate Director, Biostatistics
US Remote Worker
The Emmes Company, LLC ("Emmes") is a global, full-service Clinical Research Organization dedicated to excellence in supporting the advancement of public health and biopharmaceutical innovation. We believe in the power of truth, so much so that we named our company Emmes, which means truth. Through decades of experience we have learned that collaborative relationships thrive and human health benefits when truth is our compass.
Our "Character Achieves Results" culture is driven by five key values that guide our actions in the way we conduct research and distinguish us as an organization: Integrity, Agility, Passion for Excellence, Collaborative Partnerships and Intellectual Curiosity. We are a trusted partner to clients who share our passion for improving public health in a world of ever-changing scientific research.
If you share our motivations and passion in research, come join us! You will be joining a collaborative culture that empowers every Emmes employee - from entry level through top executive - to contribute to our clients' success by sharing ideas openly and honestly.
The Associate Director, Biostatistics provides statistical support for clinical research projects including overseeing statistical deliverables, providing guidance and oversight to other senior statistical staff, and ensuring timely and high-quality completion of statistical activities. In addition, the Associate Director, Biostatistics serves within the department leadership and is responsible for oversight of a key biostatistics department activity or function.
- Manages a team of SAS Programmers, Biostatisticians, and Biostatistician Managers and is responsible for statistical deliverables across a broad research area.
- Serves as a client point of contact for project statistical deliverables, fostering a collaborative relationship with contract sponsors and Emmes project team members.
- Manages statistical resources (i.e., budget and personnel) and serves as a point of contact across a broad research area to ensure statistical tasks are completed on schedule and that each project has adequate staffing levels.
- Develops and executes strategic vision for the department in collaboration with biostatistics department leadership.
- Participates in recruiting activities for new biostatistics department staff; may make hiring decisions.
- Serves as a lead and point of contact for a department activity (e.g., global staffing, standards, business development). Interfaces cross-functionally with other departments as needed.
- Serves as a statistical expert and provides consultation to projects across the company.
- Supervises and provides mentorship to senior statistical staff, promotes career development and growth for senior staff.
- Represents Emmes at Sponsor, Regulatory, Investigator or Safety Review meetings (e.g., Data and Safety Monitoring Board Meetings).
- Establishes budgets for statistical activities on new project work.
- Identifies statistical and operational issues and proposes solutions.
- Prepares, reviews and/or approves clinical project material that requires statistical input to ensure that the documents are scientifically valid and feasible.
- Reviews work processes, schedules, and checklists to ensure that all routine activities, as documented in corporate and project-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), are efficiently performed.
- Participates in project and corporate quality assurance activities, particularly those of a statistical nature.
- Ensures that department staff are trained and mentored, supervises department staff, and performs personnel reviews.
- Provides strategic direction to subset of biostatistics organization as assigned.
- Provides high level subject matter expertise to biostatisticians.
- Other duties as assigned
- MS (Master of Science) or PhD in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, or related field.
- Has at least 7 years' experience (with PhD) or 10 years' experience (with MS).
- Experience leading a clinical research team and supervising senior level statistical staff.
- Expertise in state-of-the-art data manipulation and statistical analyses.
- Proven effective leadership and teamwork skills.
- Strong skills in prioritization, problem-solving, organization, decision-making, time management, negotiation, mentoring and planning.
- Self-motivated, proactive and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, while working independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required for interfacing with all levels of management.
Why work at Emmes?
At Emmes, your actions and hard work will have a direct impact on public health initiatives, both globally and in our local communities with opportunities for volunteerism through our Emmes Cares community engagement program. We offer a competitive benefits package focused on the health and needs of our growing workforce, including:
- Unlimited Approved Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k & Profit Sharing Plan
- Work From Home Anywhere in the US
- Maternal/Paternal Leave
- Casual Dress Code & Work Environment
CONNECT WITH US!
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.