Do you have a passion for seeing products through the entire product development life cycle? Are you a strong communicator and strategic thinker with the ability to execute plans in cross-functional team environments? Then, this position might be the perfect fit for you! Radio Systems would like to hire an Associate Category Manager for our highest growing category, Waste Management. You will need a high level of professionalism, be highly analytical, and possess excellent communication skills. We are looking for a decision maker to review data results and provide strategic insights to lead from you seat in this role!
Radio Systems Corporation Headquarters is in Knoxville, TN. Where's that you say? Let's talk about what's famous about Knoxville, TN. We have been called The Marble City and "Scruffy City", names we have embraced as our own. And what do Quentin Tarantino and Johnny Knoxville have in common? They were both born Knoxville, TN. We are the home of 1982 World's Fair and we boast of 21 craft breweries in Knoxville now. Click here for the Ale Trail . If you like to hike or camp, visit the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. Take your pick on activities from hiking to biking, our Urban Wilderness has a lot to offer. Knox County has great public school systems, no state income tax and low property taxes and cost of living. If you like outdoor art, we have Music and Shakespeare on the Square, Family Movie Nights on the Square during the summer months in lovely downtown Knoxville.
Our Company: What do you want to know? We are the world leader in pet products with PetSafe Brand, SportDOG Brand and Invisible Fence Brand. PetSafe Brand makes every product from leashes and harnesses, to water fountains and automated feeders and litter boxes. We have a goal to touch over 21 million pets, people and communities around the world annually. We serve a broad range of pet owners from providing the hunter the best gear for a successful hunt, to accommodating the Not-So-Crazy Cat Lady with all the entertaining toys and effective solutions she could ever imagine. How do we do it? By creating a vibrant and active environment within our team. We work hard to be the employer of choice in our communities and, in turn, serve those communities. At Radio Systems Corporation, teammates take the privilege of serving pets, people and community very seriously, but also have a great time doing so. Each project is approached with an attitude of enthusiasm, resilience, adaptability and teamwork.
What you will do on our Marketing Team:
- Contribute to category financial targets; sales, profit, and expense
- Partner with Category Manager to develop the category strategy and new product road map
- Help maintain competitive analysis, monitoring trends, analyzing performance of assigned products and contribute to new product ideas
- Utilize a deep understanding of category specific customer data, profiles, trends and retail partner parameters to help the Sales team with presentations, proposals and Line Reviews
- Assess and keep updated competitive landscape for the category including competitive position, product offering, product gaps, direct competitors and provide quarterly competitive reports
- Assist category manager to develop a deep understanding of omnichannel go to market strategies focused on pet specialty, food/drug/mass, Amazon, Chewy
- Support product life cycle management process including product development, introduction, growth, maturity and decline
- Lead the product development process through all phases in collaboration with market research, UX/UI, engineering, brand, content, creative services, digital marketing, sales (domestic and international), etc.
- Inform and lead the creation of product line extensions, such as product variations and global packaging
- Partner with digital team to optimize Ecommerce sales for Amazon, Chewy.com, Walmart.com
- Collaborate with global sales teams with product information and customer and market insights to drive new placement and sales
- Meet with retail partners and attend industry events
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- 4-8 years of relevant experience
- Strategic problem-solving ability
- Drives for results and deadlines - must be able to maintain a robust workload with an array of projects and timelines, both short and long
- Builds and maintains strong, positive relationships within the company
- Demonstrates high level of adaptability and flexibility
- Operates with autonomy
- Travel up to 10%
Working for Radio Systems definitely has its benefits. We offer a collaborative and creative team-oriented work environment where we encourage you to take risks to learn and grow! We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K match. In addition we offer a rich wellness program which includes an onsite health clinic, workout facility and of course, we encourage you to bring your dog to work, which is our whole reason for what we do! PM20