Do you have a passion for innovation, launching new products, and leading teams? Are you a strong communicator and strategic thinker with the ability to execute plans in cross-functional team environments? If you answered yes to both questions, then this role might be perfect for you! Radio Systems would like to add an Associate Category Manager for one of our largest and most complex categories, Containment and Avoidance. Take a look at some of our PetSafe Brand Fencing Products . You will need a high level of financial acumen, strong analytical aptitude, and possess excellent portfolio management skills. We are looking for a natural leader to help drive growth through new product development, go-to-market strategies, and daily management of the assigned business area.
Radio Systems Corporation Headquarters is in Knoxville, TN. Where's that you say? Let's talk about what's famous about Knoxville, TN. We have been called The Marble City and "Scruffy City", names we have embraced as our own. And what do Quentin Tarantino and Johnny Knoxville have in common? They were both born Knoxville, TN. We are the home of 1982 World's Fair and we boast of 21 craft breweries in Knoxville now. Click here for the Ale Trail . If you like to hike or camp, visit the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. Take your pick on activities from hiking to biking, our Urban Wilderness has a lot to offer. Knox County has great public school systems, no state income tax and low property taxes and cost of living.
Our Company: What do you want to know? We are the world leader in pet products with PetSafe® Brand, SportDOG® Brand and Invisible Fence® Brand. PetSafe® Brand makes every product from leashes and harnesses, to water fountains and automated feeders and litter boxes. We have a goal to touch over 21 million pets, people and communities around the world annually. We serve a broad range of pet owners from providing the hunter the best gear for a successful hunt, to accommodating the Not-So-Crazy Cat Lady with all the entertaining toys and effective solutions she could ever imagine. How do we do it? By creating a vibrant and active environment within our team. We work hard to be the employer of choice in our communities and, in turn, serve those communities. At Radio Systems Corporation, teammates take the privilege of serving pets, people and community very seriously, but also have a great time doing so. Each project is approached with an attitude of enthusiasm, resilience, adaptability and teamwork.
Find out why Radio Systems Corporation is a Great Place to Work!
What you will do on our Marketing Team:
- Contribute to category financial targets of sales, profit, and expense
- Partner with Category Manager to develop the category strategy and new product road map
- Help maintain competitive analysis, monitoring trends, analyzing performance of assigned products contributing to new product ideas
- Lead the product development process through all phases in collaboration with market research, UX/UI, engineering, brand, content, creative services, digital marketing, sales (domestic and international)
- A deep understanding of category specific customer data, profiles, trends and retail partner parameters to help the Sales team with presentations, proposals and Line Reviews
- Assess and update competitive landscape for the category including competitive position, product offering, product gaps, direct competitors and provide quarterly competitive reports
- Assist category manager to develop a deep understanding of omnichannel go to market strategies focused on pet specialty, food/drug/mass, Amazon, Chewy
- Support product life cycle management process including product development, introduction, growth, maturity and decline
- Inform and lead the creation of product line extensions like product variations and global packaging
- Partner with digital team to optimize Ecommerce sales for Amazon, Chewy.com, Walmart.com
- Collaborate with global sales teams and customer and market insights to drive new placement and sales
- Meet with retail partners and attend industry events
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or business related
- 4 years of marketing, product life cycle competitive analysis, insights/analytics experience
- Strategic problem-solving ability
- Drives for results and deadlines
- Builds and maintains strong, positive relationships within the company
- Travel up to 10% (post Covid)
Working for Radio Systems definitely has its benefits. We offer a collaborative and creative team-oriented work environment where we encourage you to take risks to learn and grow! We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K match. In addition we offer a rich wellness program which includes an onsite health clinic, workout facility and of course, we encourage you to bring your dog to work, which is our whole reason for what we do!
RSC is dedicated to offering equal employment opportunity for all teammates and fostering a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. At Radio Systems Corporation, our teammates are our greatest strength. We strive to build a workforce as diverse as the customers we serve by hiring great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, life experiences, knowledge, self-expression and talent. We recruit and reward teammates based on capability and performance and together we are building a culture that welcomes all dimensions of an individual's identity including race, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, educational background, national origin or ancestry, religion, veteran status, or physical ability. We embrace these differences and the unique contributions each teammate brings not just because it is the right thing to do but because it makes our company stronger. While we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and a culture of belonging, we recognize that we still have more work to do and a lot more to learn. PM20 #LI-EA1