AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Now, place yourself in that mix; leading discussions, asking the right questions and driving results.
Associate Director, 3rd Party Manufacturing
What Your New Manager Wants You To Know
I am looking for an experienced Associate Director that will manage relationships with Third Party Manufacturers (TPMs) and work with internal and external cross-functional resources and stakeholders across multiple disciplines (e.g., Manufacturing, Regulatory, Quality, Packaging, Supply Chain, Legal).
Director, 3 rd Party Manufacturing
YOU ARE more than just a title, YOU ARE...
A strategic thinker : Align and excite internal stakeholders to facilitate success through strong leadership, strategic thinking and personal drive.
First class team player : Collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure compliance and ability to influence cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Provide supplier oversight to ensure customer requirements are met (continued supply of high-quality products)
- Lead sourcing efforts as required: determine when/how TPMs should be utilized - includes screening prospective TPMs, managing the sourcing and RFP process, and obtaining internal consensus for final selection
- Champion project implementation / action plans to improve quality, cost, and service; provide direct project management as well as coordination of project execution with support functions
- Conduct Business Reviews to evaluate/align on performance metric results
- Negotiate contracts and supply agreements with suppliers to secure value, quality, and delivery objectives while developing supplier partnerships that mitigate risk
- Achieve or exceed fiscal requirements for TPM products (COGs, Variances, Scrap, Other Costs of Service)
- Ensure supply continuity through serialization transition periods
- Serve as key point of contact for all operational aspects: coordinate relevant internal/external support functions
- Represent Manufacturing for new product launches when TPMs are involved in the supply chain
- Ensure TPMs deliver in accordance with Supply Agreement and in alignment with supply requirements. Assess supply risk and develop mitigation strategies as needed. Coordinate execution efforts with appropriate functionalities.
- Champion project implementation/action plans as required; provide direct project management as well as coordination of project execution with support functions.
- Ensure contracts and supply agreements are effective and current.
- Ensure TPMs are properly onboarded to support new product launches. Support Tech Transfers and Integrations as required.
- Identify cost avoidance and cost reduction opportunities for products / projects managed with TPMs.
- Facilitate Business Review meetings and coordinate with relevant disciplines to manage/improve performance metrics.
- A minimum of seven ( 7 ) years of hands-on Manufacturing / Operations and Third-Party Manufacturing / Project Management experience in a regulated industry with a demonstrated knowledge of Supply Chain concepts.
- A minimum of five (5) years of Pharmaceutical Ops / Supply Chain experience in at least 2 different areas including Planning, Quality, Operations, Procurement, Project Management, Development, and Industrial Engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical operations processes and the ability to assess potential TPM capabilities strongly preferred. Demonstrated ability to present ideas persuasively and negotiate favorable outcomes required. Business acumen and financial savviness with strong finance understanding required. Ability to successfully partner with individuals from multiple levels in the organization is necessary.
- Excellent written / oral skills and ability to work with others in a matrix organization required.
- Software / business application skills: MS Office 365 (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
The below skills are attributes that may not be mandatory but are definitely desired in the ideal candidate.
- A minimum of four ( 4 ) years in Drug Product or Medical Device manufacturing.
- Evaluating and implementing objectives and practices for effective, efficient, and cost-effective utilization of the company's resources. Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, at all levels of internal and external management.
- Creating and fostering a win-win situation between all respective parties. Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with individuals during course of work.
- Navigating ambiguous, fluid, time-sensitive scenarios to obtain stakeholder concurrence and achieve optimal outcomes.
- Demonstrating leadership presence both internally and externally; ability to align multiple functionalities with competing priorities.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain related field. An MBA is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.