Ref ID: 31646208
Classification: VP/Director of Finance
Compensation: $160000.00 to $180000.00 yearly
Robert Half Direct is partnering with a leading specialty insurance company seeking an Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Financial Systems and Data Integrity to join their team! This individual will lead the transformation of systems and processes within Finance. This is a highly visible role that has both strategic and tactical focus on enhancing the effectiveness of financial processes to enable better decision making among business leaders. The AVP Financial Systems and Data Integrity will manage a program of projects in order to successfully implement the financial system transformations and will have responsibility to successfully lead ongoing complex finance system transformations. This role will identify, escalate, and ensure resolution of critical complex business decisions and roadblocks related to Accounting Transformation.
The position will report to the Head of Accounting and interface closely with the CFO, the VP FP&A/Treasurer, VP Portfolio Management, and the VP Reserving.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Lead the development of the Finance Transformation Road-map. This includes working directly with Finance leaders and IT senior executives, internal and external consultant groups, and other partners to help set the strategic vision for Finance Transformation across the Organization.
* Organize, plan, prioritize, and maintain the Finance Transformation program consisting of cross-functional activities/projects, maintaining oversight of all activities and projects associated with the transformation, and driving overall execution of milestone deliverables with adherence to budget and quality measures. Actively manages the prioritization and interdependencies of key projects and milestones. The role will work closely with Finance/IT executives to ensure alignment and execution of the prioritized implementation plan.
* Build and lead cross-functional teams to support the Finance Transformation. Teams include direct and indirect internal resources and external technology implementation partners, working with Accounting Leaders to manage the deployment of resources.
* Direct the planning and implementation of processes/best practices to guide financial systems and solution delivery, including in data design, software development life cycles, service level agreements and KPIs, in collaboration with IT. Interface with Global Finance IT team to align and leverage broader Finance systems landscape and solutions architecture.
* Consult with the finance and cross-functional leaders and partners to identify, clarify and resolve complex issues and barriers to execution that are critical to the success of the Finance Transformation program.
* Oversee the change management elements of the transformation to ensure that systems and process transformation is sustainable throughout the Accounting and supporting organizations long-term.
* Oversee the quality assurance process for projects; ensure that an effective risk escalation process is established and work with process owners and compliance staff to ensure effectiveness of internal controls over new processes.
* Develop an ongoing Accounting systems maintenance and development function within the department to facilitate timely and accurate response to business environment and/or regulatory accounting changes.
* Continue to advance the development of RPA, Process Analysis/Improvement, Data Analysis, and Project Management capabilities within the Accounting team,
* Implement or support the implementation of regional financial projects and global financial projects.
* Work with Operations Consulting Group to advance the automation and efficiency of Accounting processes improvement.
* Represent the Finance data governance agenda and support the broader Finance department perspective on the Data Governance Committee
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Technology Management or Science.
* 10-15 years of progressive experience in Finance and Accounting within Insurance.
* Management of supporting Finance systems; relevant technology certifications.
* 5 years of managing large-scale, cross-company projects and/or programs.
* 5 years of management experience.
* Technology platform delivery experience. Expertise and/or demonstrated experience with business intelligence tools, including strategies, products and vendors.
* Experience engaging, influencing and advising senior executive leaders; including ensuring overall quality, timeliness and effectiveness of initiatives while facilitating alignment with executives and business partner.
* Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
* Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate with Senior Management
* Proven ability to lead transformation initiatives; Strong Project Management skills and experience
* Strong change management skills
* Strong influencing skills that can be used to lead teams and build partnerships with senior executives, internal and external partners.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities - fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at or visit to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.