Commercial Lines Assistant Underwriter
Hospitality Insurance company located in Southborough, MA is seeking a property and casualty Commercial Lines Assistant underwriter to join our team. You will be a great fit for this job if you have entry level commercial property and liability experience.
- Assist underwriters with quotes, binders, and policy issuance workflows
- Review submission materials and policies, ensuring that they are complete and accurate
- Frequently interact with agents to follow up for outstanding underwriting information, process broker of record letters, and respond to endorsement requests.
- Handle and respond to agent queries in a timely fashion (emails the same day and phone calls within 24 hours)
- Maintain account files in accordance with company policy and compliance guidelines
- Assist underwriters in evaluating risks and determining if certain exposures fall within the scope of underwriting guidelines.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- The ability to work cooperatively in teams and multitask
- Highly organized with superb attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Deliver excellent customer services by responding promptly to agent queries
- Customer service-oriented with the ability to work efficiently while paying close attention to detail
- Strong communication capability with good written skills and excellent verbal skills
- Adhere to company policies and practices.
- Desire to learn about new technology and interest in commercial insurance
- P&C insurance rating experience a plus.
- College degree required
- Minimum of 1 year working in the Commercial Property & Casualty Industry.
- Competitive Compensation and benefits
- 401 K program with company match
- Reimbursement for approved employee insurance education
- Casual work environment