Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking Assistant Roadway and Structural Engineers for construction projects throughout California. We currently have opportunities available in Los Angeles, Sacramento and the San Francisco Bay area.
Key Responsibilities :
- Coordinate and communicate with the Resident Engineer, Structure Construction Representative, construction contractors, suppliers and vendors on roadway and structural materials issues for construction projects throughout California
- Create and manage quality control/assurance programs for roadway and structural materials
- Assist in conducting meetings with appropriate project personnel to identify materials related issues and recommend solutions consistent with project plans and specifications
- Ensure all Quality Control Plans are reviewed and submitted on time, reviews inspection reports in a timely manner and complete written reports of reviews
- Assist in anticipating and resolving any issues associated with material source inspection and QA activities and help support effective materials management for construction projects
- Visit job sites, fabrication and manufacturing shops as needed to ensure adequate QC/QA measures are employed
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE)
- Engineering in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Excellent Communications Skills (oral and written)
- Strong report writing skills
- Proficiencies with automated computer programs
- Construction knowledge and some site experience, transportation and commercial projects
- Travel in the State of California
- Experience with State DOT
- Internship with Design / Build projects
- MSCE / SE 1-3 years work experience
- CA PE
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.