TITLE: Assistant Property Manager
DEPARTMENT: Residential Property Management
REPORTS TO: Property Manager
Assists with the general administration and maintenance of the property. Understands all functions of the Property Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leases apartments in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Greets and qualifies prospects, completes marketing forms and guest cards, conducts tours, and offers refreshments.
- Researches and creates innovative marketing strategies.
- Assists with training of staff members.
- Assists in supervising both maintenance staff and outside contractors working on the property.
- Adheres to all appropriate GPI personnel directives, accounting directives, maintenance and purchasing directives.
- Assists with ensuring that bank deposits are made daily or as necessary, purchasing necessary office supplies, collecting rent, and handling delinquent accounts.
- Assists in establishing schedules and in assigning personnel for routine maintenance and emergency coverage, and helping to ensure that maintenance requests are handled quickly.
- Inspects vacant apartments and handles details of move-ins and move-outs.
- Helps ensure that residents are provided with a clean, safe and well-maintained community; assists with handling resident relations and resident organizations, reports accidents and emergency situations to the Property Manager immediately and prepares incident reports, continually inspects property and reports deficiencies.
- Understands current GPI computer software applications.
- Ensures good public relations between residents and personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College education or three years of experience in this or related field.
- Pleasing personality and ability to work with and understand the problems and attitudes of residents.
- Interest and enthusiasm for the job.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and administrative procedures.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Strong leadership, training, supervision and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong organizational skills.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works in office setting and in residential buildings.
- Works under moderate supervision.
- Frequently moves about to coordinate work.
- Frequently walks residential property and climbs stairs.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME. THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.