The Assistant Property Manager is a business leader who focuses on resident customer service and assists in managing the operations, leasing activity, renewals, collections, financial reporting, supplies, and communications of the apartment community.
- Address the concerns of current and prospective residents in a friendly and professional manner.
- Helps set the standard on how other staff member engage prospective and current residents.
- Tours and leases apartments as necessary.
- Helps with training staff as necessary and models effective sales techniques on a daily basis.
- Leads rent collection efforts, specifically with delinquent residents. This may involve lease termination and legal action if necessary.
- Assist in managing the property's budget by making sound fiscal decisions to increase the net operating income of the community.
- Help maintain the accuracy of resident ledgers and files.
- Inspects apartments during move-in and move outs, walking apartments and the community as needed.
- Fills the role of acting Property Manager in their absence.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Internet navigation skills are required
- General office, bookkeeping and sales skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 to 2 years' experience in a supervisory role and managing staff preferred
- Previous Property Management experience preferred
- Proficient in Yardi property management software or other similar property management software preferred
Must be able to list up to 15lbs. on an occasional basis. Ability to tour the property with prospects on an occasional basis is required.
General office conditions. May be exposed periodically to weather elements when touring the property.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.