At WellStar, we all share common goals. That's what makes us so successful - and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Assistant Nurse Manager is a registered professional nurse who provides support and works in conjunction with the nurse manager of a specific unit(s) or service. In collaboration with the nurse manager, holds staff accountable for the delivery of care and services through effective communication, observation, and the management and measurement of specific interventions/practices and their associated outcomes. This key leader plays a significant role in assisting the nurse manager in achieving clinical and financial goals along with management of human/material resources as delegated. He/she also plays a pivotal role in staff recruitment, mentoring and retention. He/She models the way to foster teamwork and collaboration with physicians, staff, patients and other departments. Role specific competencies, responsibilities, roles and functions are based on Professional Practice Model, 5 Star Nursing.
Our Neuroscience Critical Care nursing team is highly skilled with a focus on patient and family centered care. As part of this exciting team you can become a clinical expert in specialty areas such as:
* Neuro Trauma
* Cerebral resuscitation and temperature management systems
* Management of cerebral edema and increased intracranial pressure
* Hemodynamic instability
* Management of airway and respiratory compromise
* Spinal reconstruction
* Monitoring abnormal electrical activity of the brain
* Cerebrospinal fluid pressure monitoring in hydrocephalus
We promote the achievement of a national specialty certification, such as a Certified Neuroscience Registered Nurse (CNRN), a Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN), and a Certified Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN).
The RN Clinical Nurse is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care.
Required Minimum Education
* Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from accredited nursing school; Master's Degree in Nursing preferred. If bachelor degree is not in nursing, MSN must be from accredited nursing school.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification
* Registered Nurse, actively licensed in the state of Georgia. Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position or complete prior the end of orientation. National certification in nursing administration preferred.
Required Minimum Experience
* Three years of clinical experience required and additional experience as a charge nurse or other nurse leader role desirable.
Required Minimum Skills
* Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and relationship building; desires to see progressive nursing management roles and enjoys/seeks opportunities to coach and mentor others.
* Seeks to learn and demonstrate progressive skills in the business of managing a patient care unit or service by obtaining the commitment and productivity of nursing staff.
* Must be a continuous learner who seeks to better understands health care financing; strategy and operations for running a business unit(s); and effectively employ data and technology to support work processes and make decisions.
* Supports shared governance or shared decision making; manage the design and delivery of care that in based on evidence and focused on quality and safety.
* Demonstrates interest and aptitude to achieve knowledge of risk management and various accreditation/regulations/licensing requirements.
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!