OneMain Financial is the country's largest lending-exclusive financial company, proudly serving millions of customers with safe, affordable and transparent installment loans. Our customers turn to us every day-online and at 1,500 branches in 44 states-to help them take control and improve their financial lives with solutions for debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. Our talented and dedicated team members constantly look for responsible ways to serve our customers when, where and how they want. It's all about doing the right thing-a mission that hasn't changed for more than 100 years.
OneMain Financial's growing consumer lending business and an increasingly complex legal and regulatory environment provide solid career opportunities for attorneys motivated by creative clients and a fast paced, forward-thinking culture. OneMain Financial is seeking a talented, experienced, and energetic privacy attorney with an interest in advising on other regulatory matters impacting financial companies. A successful candidate would also demonstrate competency in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts.
The Assistant General Counsel will work closely with OneMain Financial cross-functional business partners as part of a dynamic legal team. The attorney will provide guidance on current and proposed privacy and data protection laws and regulations. They will also review, draft, and negotiate commercial contracts. The attorney will identify and advise of risks and provide practical solutions to address risks identified and business needs, including risks related to matters of privacy/cybersecurity and other regulatory matters.
Minimum qualifications are:
- 5+ years of experience as a privacy or data protection lawyer in a financial institution, regulatory agency or law firm.
- Strong knowledge of GLBA, Reg. P, CCPA/CPRA, FCRA (Reg. V), NYDFS Cybersecurity Regulation and applicable other applicable privacy and data protection state laws and regulations
- 4-7 years of commercial contracts experience drafting, negotiating, interpreting, enforcing, and terminating marketing agreements, consulting agreements, software agreements, outsourcing agreements, cloud-based service agreements, intellectual property licenses, and confidentiality agreements, practicing either in-house or at a reputable law firm, or in an equivalent setting.
- Juris Doctorate degree.
- Admitted to a state bar and in active good standing.
- Exceptional writing skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively explain complex legal concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Experience advising clients with respect to legal issues arising in the context of commercial agreements, including compliance, privacy, data security, intellectual property, and liability issues.
- Familiarity with legal issues arising in some or all of the following areas related to consumer financial services: credit and lending, marketing, technology, privacy, consumer protection, financial services, and operations.
- Ability to learn quickly and take ownership of projects and tasks.
- Willingness to collaborate and work effectively both independently and in a team-based approach to subject matter management.
- Creative thinking and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and open can adapt quickly to change.
- Possess an ownership attitude for projects and tasks.
- Possess a high level of integrity.
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That's why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
• Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
• Up to 4% matching 401(k)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Continuing education
• Bonus eligibility
• Paid time off
• Paid volunteer time