Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you'll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.Why you'll love this job:
As a member of DTCC General Counsel's Office and reporting to the Executive Director and the Assistant General Counsel, Intellectual Property and Licensing, you will be located in the Jersey City office, with responsibility for providing legal support and advice to DTCC Data Services, DTCC Reporting and Derivatives Services, DTCC's Institutional Trade Processing (ITP) business, and other assigned DTCC Solutions businesses. We are looking to hire and champion a lawyer with an inquisitive, growth mentality and an enthusiastic manner, looking to thrive in an encouraging and collaborative environment. The core of the activities will be to act as legal contact for assigned DTCC businesses and take ownership for the provision of legal advice as well as the identification of legal risks with a view to designing and implementing measures to reduce and/or control those risks. This will involve working closely with colleagues and partners throughout the organization, locally and globally.Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate, timely and commercially friendly legal advice to the business on a wide range of topics , including in connection with the development and structuring of new business initiatives, new products and service offerings, transaction execution and legal and regulatory change
- Be a key contact for legal issues and risks with direct engagement with the Product, Tech, Operations, Sales and Business teams in particular
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of contracts (including data, software and technology licenses, SaaS agreements, professional services agreements and partnership agreements) balancing commercial objectives and business demands with risk management imperatives -- this will involve collaborating closely and negotiating with various stakeholders (both internal and external) and developing relationships built on trust
- Support audit and regulatory examinations relating to DTCC Solutions' businesses.
- Communicate and advocate with various regulators regarding the interests of DTCC Solutions.
- Provide legal support in connection with complex transactions including acquisitions of and integration of new products and businesses, divestitures, and wind-downs.
- Mitigate risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior
- Collaborate with other members of the General Counsel's Office, including in the European and APAC regions, to ensure a consistent approach to legal issues across DTCC businesses
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, contract processes and legal policies and procedures in collaboration with other members of the General Counsel's Office
- Provide legal support on corporate governance matters in coordination with Sales, Product, Finance, Data Privacy, Risk, Compliance and Regulatory Relations teams
- Handle other legal matters or ad-hoc projects and provide regular updates on matter as requested by the Executive Director and Associate General Counsel, Intellectual Property and Licensing
- Deliver ad-hoc training programs or focused session groups involving legal and industry specific risks
**NOTE: The Primary Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. **Qualifications and Talents Needed for Success:
- Qualified lawyer (JD and current U.S. bar admission)
- Significant experience as a practicing lawyer, gained first in private practice then in a dynamic in-house legal team (commercial or financial services environment) and an interest in technological development in the financial sector will be an advantage
- A self-starter that can accomplish goals without direct supervision whilst finding opportunities to collaborate with colleagues and partner with stakeholders
- Excellent commercial and legal acumen, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience with analyzing complex issues, exercising judgement, applying critical thinking to solve problems and recommending practical customer-focused solutions
- Ability to adopt an agile way of working and manage the demands of a fast-paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.About DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind.
The General Counsel's Office is a valued, trusted and responsive partner within DTCC. The team promotes and protects the best interests of the DTCC family of companies by creating and facilitating solutions and providing guidance on legal and regulatory matters.