We are a rental housing company dedicated to providing an exceptional rental experience to every resident who makes one of our houses or apartments their home. We believe that quality rental housing can unlock life's potential, and this drives our thinking and our actions every day.
Founded in 1988 and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: TCN), Tricon owns over 30,000 single-family and multi-family rental homes across the United States and Canada, which we manage using an integrated technology-enabled operating platform. We are headquartered in Toronto, Ontario and have significant operations in Orange County, California, as well as approximately 20 other markets with a primary focus in the U.S. Sun Belt.
We strive to be North America's premier rental housing company. Our business philosophy involves taking care of our team first - empowering them to provide our residents with exceptional service and to positively impact the local communities where we operate. By providing an enhanced living experience, our residents rent for longer periods of time, treat our properties like their own, and share their experience with friends and family. This is how we continue to grow, and it is an approach that has proven to generate positive returns for our investors and shareholders.
The Assistant Community Manager will work closely with the Community Manager to ensure we consistently uphold our commitment to provide exceptional communities that invite, inspire, and feel like home for our residents. This role will drive success by assisting to oversee the daily operations of the property and by adhering to Tricon Residentials Standards of Service. The role will include assisting to ensure financial performance and operational efficiency by maintaining regular communication with residents to encourage on time payments and extension of current leases.
- Assists Community Manager in ensuring and maintaining accurate, up-to-date records (including rent rolls, delinquency reports, rental status, move in & move out schedule, etc.), entering data into Yardi system, and submitting reports on timely basi
- Assist to supervise the day to day operations of the property and direct staff as needed
- Reviews move-in, move out, and renewal documents and files for accuracy and compliance with company and government policies and ensures it is entered timely into Yardi
- Ensures residents files are properly maintained
- Ensures accuracy of all reports and ledgers in Yardi
- Assists with various daily and month-end reports including collection of rent, administration of late fees, and delinquency
- Maintains minimal delinquency rate at property through timely collection of rent and fees
- Ensures outstanding resident balances are monitored and collected and that new cases are sent to collections agency in a timely fashion
- Ensures timely submission of resident notices (3-day, legal, delinquency, small balance, etc.)
- Ensures rent increases are being administered accurately and timely per property budgets
- Oversees timely enforcement of evictions
- Assists with monitoring resident satisfaction through follow-up calls, emails, or meetings to ensure a positive living experience
- Helps to ensure the physical well-being and curb appeal of the multi-family property
- Shows and demonstrates available suites, including Open Houses, during business hours and weekends as needed
- Provides exemplary customer service to residents, prospects, and guests and represents a professional presence that upholds Tricon Residential's Standards of Service
- Experience in a sales or customer service role
- Demonstrated critical thinker
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- Sense of urgency with the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, results oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work outside of standard hours (including weekends)
- 1+ years property management experience required preferably in the multi-family environment
- BA/BS Preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills - demonstrated ability to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with daily activities.
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgement
- Proven strong customer service experience
- Demonstrated attention to detail