We are seeking an Assistant Chief Engineer for a job opportunity with a leading client in Eagan, MN.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Chief Engineer in the formulation and implementation of the preventive maintenance program. Specific duties include but are not limited to: scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services; performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member; ordering parts and equipment required for repair; maintenance and installation of new equipment.
- Check malfunctioning equipment and ascertain corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand the engineering design and operational aspects of the Base Building systems and be able to immediately recognize system performance deficiencies and respond to operational and emergency situations.
- Assist the Chief Engineer in the organization and management of all administrative functions related to the engineering department including budgeting and financial control, compliance with all applicable national and local codes and regulations, reporting on budgets, energy accounting, and productivity.
- Ensure the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies. Specific duties include, but not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase order requests; developing sources for stock materials; performing periodic checks for supplies.
- Maintain up-to-date files of building plans, equipment specifications, and all maintenance logs as required.
- Work with vendors and contractors regarding installations, preventative maintenance, and modifications ensuring that all safety procedures and guidelines are followed.
- Assist the General Manager and Chief Engineer with management of all tenant and capital improvement construction projects from construction document review to project closeout and completion.
- Provide training aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff. Specific duties include, but not limited to: demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments; giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and troubleshooting procedures; recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
- Maintain a courteous and professional work ethic, appearance, and attitude.
- Provide support to the Chief Engineer or General Manager on all standard company initiatives. Maintain compliance with the Operational Compliance Program. Demonstrate improvement from previous scores.
- Perform special requests as assigned by the General Manger and/or Chief Engineer.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of experience in building engineering maintenance with at least 5 years in supervision.
- Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance processes.
- Understands aspects of construction planning and execution, preferred.
- Good computer skills in software such as MS Office, E-Mail, etc.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service.