Job ID: 239465
Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and services.
The "Assistant Area Construction Manager" supports the Area Construction Manager and Forepersons to implement and manage accurate scheduling, job cost translation, performance management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to and follow all safety rules and regulations of MSHA/OSHA/DOT and Pennsy Supply, Inc.
- Conduct daily safety assignments (area inspections, pre-shifts, JSA's, TRACK, etc.).
- Take part in structured pre-bid review process
- Take part in post-bid analysis
- Take part in project hand off process
- Take part in project reevaluation
- Assist with field information collection
- Assist with continuous performance management
- Take part in branch operations meeting
- Take part in project progress review
- Take part in project post mortem
- Take part in project cost review
- Assist with daily, weekly crew and equipment management
- Assist with trucking management and plant scheduling
- Performance dialogues and meetings
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and assign duties, responsibilities and scope of authority.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Confer with supervisory personnel to resolve complaints within the work force.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraise performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develop daily, weekly, monthly schedules for paving, milling and various construction crews.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Assist with establishing work plan and staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel
- Work closely with both Estimators and Forepersons to execute projects efficiently
- Assist Estimators with take-off, dump sites and job trailer set up.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Demonstrate friendly and business-like attitude towards vendors, customers, truck drivers, fellow employees and supervisors.
- Become a team member and help achieve the common goals of the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
Education and/or Experience
High school Diploma or equivalent.
10+ years of experience in the construction industry along with supervisory experience.
Basic computer skills needed.
Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Ability to do basic math.
Knowledge of DOT and CDL regulations.
Must have a current driver's license.
Must be able to effectively communicate in verbal and written form to employees, management and clients.
Able to identify, define and resolve problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Must have the ability to handle stressful situations as they arise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Be able to effectively hear and see. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth and the ability to adjust focus.
This position requires an employee to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by Pennsy Supply, Inc. and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pennsy Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.