The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing skilled administrative support to the magazine's editorial team. Responsible for successfully handling multiple projects while prioritizing and meeting deadlines in a deadline-driven department.
Support administrative needs of the Editor-in-Chief and other staffers, including the Managing Editor, Design Director, Production Director and Circulation Manager. Perform all normal administrative duties, including coordinating and scheduling travel arrangements composing correspondence (thank-you notes, etc.) handling all mail functions, printing and copy needs processing all invoices, purchase orders, dues payments and subscription fees and tracking spending and compiling budget reports.
Perform key computer-related tasks related to our digital initiatives, including prepping copy for online posting, creating image galleries for the website, creating PDFs of mobile edition layouts and sending story links to our PR contacts, writers, and members.
Because of the fluctuating and evolving demands of the magazine operations, it may be necessary that each employee partner perform a multitude of different functions. Therefore, the Administrative Assistant is expected to help others when the occasion arises. Accordingly, the Administrative Assistant may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- At least five years of work experience, preferably in the publishing industry.
- Knowledge of Macintosh computers.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Filemaker Pro, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Good language, grammar, style, writing and communication skills.
- Good phone protocol.
- Proven interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates motivation, efficiency and dedication to the ClubCorp culture.
- Able to do job with minimal supervision and instructions and finish tasks on schedule.
- Self-motivated with high energy level.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A team player who's flexible and able to handle stressful situations