As a Multi-Store Lead Detective, you will support the Internal/External Investigation Program in your assigned market area; focus primarily on the identification, investigation, and apprehension of external and internal cases, as well as major crime committed against the company; and work closely with your District Manager of Investigations on developing a weekly schedule strategy, and plan for investigations. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Investigate all internal/external crimes committed against the company in assigned market area.
- Make external apprehensions as per policy.
- Conduct Virtual Remote Surveillances as directed.
- Make disposition decisions on criminal prosecution.
- Prepare written and investigative reports for management.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of investigative tools and surveillance equipment.
- Handle proprietary, sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of Macy's AP detective experience preferred, including knowledge of Macy's AP and Investigation programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to effectively execute strategies.
- Efficient prioritizing and time management skills, including managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands :
- Regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Ability to travel between stores based on assigned market area.
- Strong leadership, investigative, and organizational skills.
- Ability to build partnerships.
- Commitment to exemplifying the highest integrity and professional business standards.
- Proficient with use of computers, including Windows operating system, Microsoft Office tools, and internet skills.
- Flexible scheduling with retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Overnight travel may be required.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and Bloomingdale's - will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9 .