WHO WE ARE
We are a restaurant group that thrives on creating authentic and inspiring experiences for the communities we serve. Through the contributions of countless incredible people, past and present, we're headed to the moon with a simple mission - to make people feel good.
ABOUT OUR LEADERSHIP TEAM
Our leaders set direction, are dynamic, exciting, and inspiring. They are committed to excellence, getting the most out of their teams, and executing a company-wide winning strategy. Our leaders are consistent in providing mentorship to their teams, seek feedback, and take ownership of their personal development.
While no one on the team is quite like the other, it's our common values that keep us united.
Be Authentic and Humble
- Know your strengths and weaknesses
- Seek feedback to perform at a higher level and be coachable
- Actively listen to understand the perceptions of others
Act with Integrity
- Be consistent and committed
- Be the example of the right behaviors
- Build trust through personal accountability
Bring Good Energy
- Have passion for what you do
- Have a positive mindset
- Raise the vibration in the room
Achieve as a Team
- Be a contributor
- Collaborate with others to achieve together
- Be a motivator to get the right results
Get Extraordinary Results
- Have a well thought out plan and take action to get desired results
- Anticipate potential issues and be a critical thinker to solve them
- Have a desire for continual learning
Inspire with Hospitality
- Provide thoughtful gestures to our guests and community through hospitality that makes them feel seen, acknowledged and cared for
- Identify when to provide a thoughtful special moment for others and follow through
- Show genuine interest and concern for the well-being and happiness of others
WHY YOU'LL LOVE BEING AN AREA DIRECTOR AT UPWARD PROJECTS
- A people focused culture united by our shared values
- Unlimited growth opportunities, with several new restaurant openings
- A commitment to delivering the best hospitality experience in the industry
- Having a voice. We provide empowerment and influence to all our team members
- Opportunity to build deep, meaningful, and lasting relationships with colleagues
- Exceptional on the job leadership, beverage, and culinary training
- Recognition and rewards for your hard work
- Generous meal benefit program
WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU…
- Have a servant leader mentality that is positive and uplifting
- Provide timely leadership and mentorship to your different restaurant teams
- Experience as a respected multi-unit leader with a high volume restaurant group
- Ability to quickly diagnose opportunities and create and implement a results oriented action plan
- Empower your store leaders to execute a winning strategy
- Represent a brand in a community with passion and enthusiasm
- Thrive on teamwork
- Love making people feel good
WE ARE ALL SUCCESSFUL WHEN YOU…
- Reward and express genuine appreciation of your team's valuable hard work and tenure.
- Provide ongoing mentorship, development, and education.
- Achieve sales goals and maximize profits at your area restaurant locations.
- Build a team of passionate hospitality and culinary leaders who live and breathe our values, demonstrate competency, who are high character individuals.
- Orchestrate a vibrant orientation experience for new leaders.
- Approach training with energy, accountability, and detail.
- Communicate company objectives daily to all your restaurant locations.
- Empower your leaders to build and develop their own team.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The primary responsibility of the Area Director is to provide direct oversight, validation, coaching, and accountability of company goals, results, processes, procedures, and standards by the General Managers and their management teams at assigned store locations
ABOUT POSTINO WINECAFE
Postino WineCafe started with a simple vision to create a place where we could all come together and connect. Inspired by adventures in Northern Italy, Postino - Postman in Italian, made its home in a vacant, 1940's brick post office. As we continue to grow, we look for historically relevant spaces to create one of kind gathering spaces that serve their communities.
Postino is disrupting the wine bar segment. Our vibe is fun, eclectic, inspiring yet familiar surroundings, offering high quality yet approachable wines paired with fresh and colorful bruschetta boards built for sharing. The menu is designed for sharing and pairing with our amazing wines with options for everyone.
Our mantra is come one come all. Our great service ambassadors are happy to walk our guests through our global wines, craft beer on tap, and awesome selection of Italian inspired small plates, panini's, cheese and meat boards, and salads.. Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a multi-unit manager in a high-volume restaurant environment
- Ability to provide accomplishments and successes within the multi-unit role in key company metrics
- Advanced knowledge of food and beverage trends, products, and quality
- Ability to examine details and provide alternate solutions to areas where results fall short
- Strong ability to learn and teach the mechanics and details of a P&L
- Excellent people skills and the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Proven ability to develop managers
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Strong ability to understand, use, and teach others software that applies to daily business functions
- Strong advocate of company culture and putting employees first
- Ability to see complex situations and provide best case solutions from research and benchmarking
- Strong ability to handle conflict when it arises and able to diffuse high-risk situations