Scope and General Purpose
To promote the image and services of the company so that maximum growth occurs through gaining new clients and contracts within the assigned properties. This position is also responsible for Hotel Vetro, Hampton Inn Iowa City/ University Area, Fairfield Inn & Suites Coralville, and Residence Inn Coralville.
1. To follow up leads by visiting prospective clients regularly, often enough to maintain their interest but not too often to alienate them.
2. To submit timely and accurate sales reports to the company in terms of actual results of room bookings through cold calling, internet marketing, telephone solicitation, and actively involved within the community and its events.
3. To achieve or better budgeted sales targets.
4. To identify prospective clients' exact needs, by questioning, observation and the completion of a full sales survey.
5. To identify and act upon opportunities to achieve maximum RevPar through yield management strategies and to communicate with the Property General Managers and the Revenue Manager, when needed, of these opportunities.
6. To entertain prospective clients, where possible combining this with visits to existing satisfied customers.
7. To liaise closely with operational staff on all details for a prospective new contract and gain their agreement on all details.
8. To analyze statistics thereby identifying key sales areas, problems, and success rates.
9. To research prospective client details, finding out as much as possible about the company to ensure a professional approach.
10. To constantly monitor and be aware of competitor activity in the assigned market.
11. To present a realistic proposal to a prospective client, having thoroughly researched cost factors, and ensure that the proposal is achievable.
12. To constantly and consistently be aware of new business opportunities and proactively react to these opportunities for the benefit of the properties.
13. To carry out other duties as necessary to achieve the successful marketing of the assigned properties and assist other properties as directed by the Director of Operations or other Hawkeye Hotels management personnel.
14. To forward a continued financial plan and progression of revenues and expenses to the Director of Operations for review.
15. Referring business to our Hawkeye Hotels sister properties of a sales contact who conducts business within our other geographical markets.