Dominium is one of the leading affordable housing development and property management companies in the nation with operations in more than 20 states and over 1,000 employees. For over 45 years, we have offered excellence to the development and management of affordable housing communities across the United States. Dominium's values are built upon the company's mission and vision which are: creating long-term value, integrity, developing people, and growth.
We offer a competitive salary, incentive bonus program, training and development, dynamic career growth opportunities, community volunteer, and outreach programs. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees including Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs.
The in-house Dominium Architecture team is responsible for the architecture production of construction documents for new construction projects and full design and production for tax credit rehab projects. We are seeking a highly motivated and organized Architectural Project Manager to focus on the project management of these projects. An ideal candidate would have a background and success in project management. Experience working on multi-family and tax-credit housing projects with housing agencies is a plus.
- Responsible for managing the architecture life cycle of multi-family affordable housing projects, in both new and rehabilitated properties.
- Becomes familiar with and upholds pre-established Dominium drawing and specification standards.
- Collaborates with our internal Development Team on project visioning and goals from the beginning to the end of the project.
- Works closely with the Construction team to produce documents that will be efficient, consistent, and contractor-friendly.
- In charge of all aspects of architecture project management:
- Project schedules and planning
- Financial health
- Directing internal staff
- Coordinating and establishing expectations from consultants
- Navigate the various permitting processes with jurisdictions
- Progress the various phases of architecture projects from schematic design, design development, construction document production, and construction administration
- Proactive in finding solutions and foreseeing potential issues.
Qualifications: (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Training, and Experience.)
- Bachelor's or Masters in an Accredited Architecture or Engineering program.
- Strong communication skills in directing and motivating team members and external consultants to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Experience in new construction and renovation of multi-family housing projects a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management experience leading teams of internal Architecture or Engineering staff along with external Consultants.
- Strong familiarity with various Jurisdictional permitting procedures, building codes, and Accessibility requirements.
- Experience in financial and performance tracking of architecture projects to contribute to the profitability of the Architecture department.
- Proficiency in Microsoft based software applications-Outlook, Excel, Word
- Experience in Revit and Bluebeam
- Ability to travel up to 40%
If you would like to be a part of a rapidly growing department and have an interest in Project Management, Dominium is the place for you.
See job description