A super-regional AmLaw 100 law firm seeks an Applications Analyst with 2+ years of experience. The Applications Analyst will be responsible for assessing end user needs, evaluating software products, integrating applications, managing implementation projects and providing high level support. Advanced technical knowledge of existing legal applications is essential. Basic knowledge of database (SQL) and web servers is required. This position will install, test, configure, implement, and document software applications that support all aspects of the firm's operation. Excellent customer service and organizational skills are necessary as this position will interface with users at all levels within the firm. Position available in our Columbia, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, Denver, or Nashville office.
- Install, configure and test a variety of client, server and web-based applications.
- Work with vendors and end users to configure, troubleshoot and research.
- Work with other technology staff to test and deploy applications, updates and patches.
- Manage deployment schedules to minimize interruption to work productivity.
- Work to resolve escalated application issues.
- Document problem resolutions to pass on technical knowledge.
- Troubleshoot technical issues relating to the firms practice support tools.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Two to five years of application support experience in a legal environment.
- Experience with following applications:
- Microsoft Office 2016 or Office 365
- Microsoft Windows 7, 10
- Document Management Systems
- Docketing programs (Litigation and IP)
- Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager
- Flexera AdminStudio
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft PowerShell
- Microsoft SharePoint 2016 and 2019
- Experience with other legal specific applications
- Strong hardware and software configuration and troubleshooting
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work effectively in a demanding, fast paced environment.
- Willingness to be available during business off-hours and participate in rotational on-call for the team.
- Flexibility to work extended hours on short notice.