Work remote out of California, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Colorado, or Utah.
This Jobot Job is hosted by Tori Bender
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary $110,000 - $120,000 per year
A Bit About Us
Out client loves sports and technology! Join their team and you'll get to work on innovative and creative products that drive the next generation of sports streaming.
They are looking for an Android developer with exceptional development experience, who will be responsible for leading the development, maintenance, and integrations of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices.
Why join us?
Be at the forefront of college sport streaming!
Remote!!!! - must live in California, Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Colorado, or Utah.
Medical, dental, vision (80/20)
401K w/ match (NO vesting period)
Competitive PTO plan
Flexible holidays (PAID)
Volunteer days off
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java and/or Kotlin code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Practical knowledge of Android Application Architecture (such as MVVM, MVP)
- Familiarity with writing code in Kotlin
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as "touch"
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Knowledge of Audio & Video Transports and Codecs (e.g., MP4, H.264, AVC, HEVC, AV1, AAC)
- Knowledge of Video Streaming using HLS and/or DASH
- Experience integrating Adobe Pass with the Primetime Android TVSDK
- Experience with Android TV and Fire TV