Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Under the supervision of the Manager of Epic Applications, the Ambulatory Clinical Informaticist will analyze and translate workflow and documentation requirements for clinical ambulatory processes into efficient and effective application systems solutions through collaboration with members of interprofessional care teams, operational leaders, technical team members, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Plans, designs, develops, validates, tests, implements, evaluates, maintains, and provides on-going troubleshooting and support of comprehensive information system components to meet needs and business requirements.
- Performs quality assurance and integrated testing of current and newly released vendor functionality to ensure system reliability.
- Coordinates projects across applications and develops application specific enhancements and reports in alignment with organizational priorities.
- Provides 24/7 support for applications within accountability.
- Participates in and fosters adoption of IT governance process and change control.
- Develops and maintains project documentation and ensures centralized storage and indexing of documentation.
- Supports the creation of clinical software system training materials.
- Ensures compliance with applicable standards and regulations of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), The Joint Commission, and all other applicable regulatory agencies in collaboration with hospital policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with hospital leadership team to establish health information management structures and processes that focus on patient safety and quality patient care.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field and/or degree in clinical care (e.g. RN, PharmD, RT, MT or other related degree) required; or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience in Epic Community Connect preferred
- Epic certified preferred
- Familiarity with health information technology and related regulatory requirements preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications required, specifically Outlook, Excel, and Power Point required.
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services to outpatient visits to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board-certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a licensed acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects, and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.
Date Posted: October 02, 2020
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-.