More information about this job: Overview:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.Responsibilities:
Renewable Energy and Energy Storage system installations are nowadays commonplace. These systems can be installed as standalone, but at an increasing rate in combination with each other. eg a solar photovoltaic plant in combination with a wind farm and an energy storage system. Lifecycle management experience for such systems is limited due to the relative lack of experience in the industry.
New technologies, eg the hydrogen economy, are on the horizon with potential to drive long-term large changes to the entire power industry.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with hands-on experience in the renewable energies and energy storage systems to join our research team in Norwood, Massachusetts! In this role, you will be researching complicated problems on the design, reliability, maintenance planning, and more on integration of the systems. You'll be working with internal and external partners to help position FM Global as an insurance partner in this fast-evolving industry.Qualifications: Experience
- Hands-on experience in the design, operation, reliability, and maintenance of large scale solar, wind, smart-grid and energy storage systems.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in power generation/electric utilities or equivalent.
- Decent exposure to NEC and other applicable state and local codes
- Expertise in a broad range of alternate energy technologies and their enablers. Including power generation, energy storage, and grid management; Exposure to hydrogen technology a plus.
- A minimum of bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Power System Engineering or related STEM field
- Preference: PhD in Engineering or related field
- Formal education in Power Systems and Optimization.
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.