Install, program and repair wiring and equipment including but not limited to: security burglar alarms, fire alarms, surveillance video and other products as required. Ensure work is in accordance with code.
Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
- Maintain a positive customer relationship and company image.
- Provide quality wiring and installation of security alarm, fire alarm, access control, video and automation equipment.
- Install and adjust equipment and/or wiring based on room structures and manufacturer's recommendations.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and job notes on time as required.
- Troubleshoot operable and inoperable equipment and circuitry.
- Train customers in the proper use of their system. Demonstrate system for customers, and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Feed cables through access holes, roof spaces, and cavity walls to reach devices; then secure cables, wires and strappings.
- Drill holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings, and floors by safely operating hand and power tools.
- Keep company vehicle clean and organized at all times.
- Notify branch office when scheduled calls are completed and can take additional service calls.
- Ability to read and understand basic blue prints and have knowledge of basic building construction.
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, and related equipment following blueprints of building plans in accordance with local codes and manufacturer recommendations.
- Knowledge of a wide range of alarm systems, fire alarm systems, access control systems, video & automation equipment.
- Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, and all features in order to ensure proper functioning, and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Ability to diagnose basic problems and correct issues with little to no guidance.
The duties, activities and responsibilities described are not all inclusive of potential requirements for all assignments covered under this job description.
- Ability to pass criminal background check and drug screen
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license
- Current alarm technician license holder
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proficient using a Tablet and company provided apps