PDS is seeking an Aircraft Plumber Sr for an open position in Savannah, GA. Under minimal supervision, prepares, installs and/or repairs water, oxygen, pitot static, drain and vent systems using aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings. Mentors and trains other Aircraft Plumbers.
1. Fabricates, installs and repairs water, oxygen, pitot static, drain and vent systems to specifications in the shop or on aircraft using design or engineering drawings. 2. Interprets material specifications, design and engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements with a high level of quality and detail. 3. Provides training and direction for lesser skilled technicians and monitors their work to ensure assigned tasks meet required levels of safety, quality, and detail. 4. Works closely with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce cost, cycle time, and man hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques. 5. Accepts Lead responsibilities as required. Oversees projects or other technicians and assesses requirements of assigned tasks to procure required materials and documentation for assigned tasks. 6. Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Uses personal protective equipment as required. Ensures aircraft interior is protected (PTP). Assists with monthly 5S audits. 7. Assists in developing initiatives to meet individuals OGSM requirements, as required.
1. Assists in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs. 2. Develop Your Ideas at Work, as opportunities present themselves. 3. Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:High school diploma/GED.
Four (4) years of aircraft plumbing experience or aircraft systems.
Knowledge of Solumina, Catia V5, and SAP preferred but not required.
1. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation and develop a thorough understanding of Gulfstream terminology.
3. Ability to use tools and equipment associated with aircraft plumbing systems.
4. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
5. Must be computer literate.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$