Grow SkinMedica® and DiamondGlow® business by delivering consultative support and device and product education to key Allergan customers. Support division initiatives for SkinMedica®, DiamondGlow® and LATISSE®. Support the sales and marketing teams by providing consultative and training services to improve access and presence as well as the promotion of the portfolio within the target account universe. Serve as an educational resource to the sales team with regard to the skincare market, and in office retail expertise. Participate with the sales team in the customer targeting process involving the development of strategic selling plans that incorporate consulting services in an effort to meet or exceed account objectives.
Reports to the Area Director, SkinMedica - West and works laterally with the Region Managers and their teams within SkinMedica.
Customer consultations and presentations
- Assist the sales and management teams in achieving sales and market growth objectives by providing retail consulting and training services to targeted account universe.
- Identify and analyze customer needs in regards to retail sales and product education within their practice.
- Develop clear pre-call meeting objectives and ensure timely communication and follow up with customers.
- Demonstrate leadership in the account selling process and provide long term competitive advantage.
- Develop content and speak at Education Programs, including National Summits, and Professional Retail Optimization (PRO) Seminars.
Sales team support and integration
- Identify and develop consulting service opportunities and programs to support the goals of regional sales teams.
- Educate the Strategic Account Managers on consulting service programs through regional meeting presentations, workshops, and by encouraging their presence at customer consults. Assist the sales team in identifying and valuing customer opportunities.
- Manage communications and inform the sales and management teams of all activity within target accounts.
- Encourage and initiate collaboration between Allergan Medical divisions.
- Monitor performance of key accounts and manage resource allocation by utilizing the tools required to measure return on investment.
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS degree in business administration or health related field.
- An in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the skincare and retail environment, including practice management and marketing. This level of knowledge would normally be acquired through 7-10 years experience in sales and sales management, retail management, medical practice consulting, medical practice administration, medical practice marketing or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Valid driver's license
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Proven record of accomplishment in achieving sales, marketing and corporate goals with minimal direct supervision.
- Demonstrated creativity, situation analysis/problem solving skills and analytical skill ability.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong presentation and training skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with key accounts.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Broad business perspective, including sound financial skills, and a solid working knowledge of office operations and systems.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel with approximately 75% overnight travel including some weekend work.
- Ability to drive a car or motor vehicle with a valid driver's license
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Allergan, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.