Location: New Albany, IN
Salary Interval: Hourly
ElectriCom, a Utility Construction company, was founded in 1960 in Paoli, Indiana. ElectriCom has experienced continuous growth since its inception. The company takes pride in focusing on family values both in the workplace and with its customer base. ElectriCom seeks employees with the ability and desire to work for a progressive company. ElectriCom offers a competitive package for both wages and benefits. Employees who show quality performance will have the opportunity for advancement and further development of skills.
Candidate must be experienced working in a utility aerial lineman position. The position will perform tasks involving aerial and ground telecommunications work at construction/service sites. The position may require operating aerial trucks and associated equipment with handling telecom line components.
- Safety first!
- Safely operator a boom truck, climb poles as needed and utilize standard tolls of the trade.
- Lead and motivate crew to meet OSHA, Customer and ElectriCom safety requirements, project specifications and daily production goals.
- Ability and willingness to follow direction from Supervision.
- Ability to communicate professionally with co-workers, homeowners and customers.
- Willingness to work both individually and in a team environment.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair overhead fiber lines.
- Read and interpret engineering plans and specifications.
- Understanding of separation and clearance regulations.
- Install poles and place wires and cables.
- Keep detailed record of work activity.
- Ability to utilize bucket trucks, crawl spaces, ladders, ceilings, tunnels and trenches to access various installation and construction points as required.
- Ability to work aloft, either from a ladder, aerial device or by gaffing.
- Ability to climb numerous telephone poles daily, approx. 20' in height.
- Ability to lift and/or pull 100 pounds several times each day.
- Ability to endure long periods of standing, sitting or walking.
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, reach above the head several times per day.
- Continuous use of both hands to operate hand tools and perform other duties.
- Ability to work full-time, in an outdoor environment and in all weather conditions.
- Routine Training as assigned (LMS, OSHA-10 hour, etc.).
- Roadside Traffic Control.
- Must have 1+ years' experience in the utility/construction industry.
- Driver's license is required, with clean driving record.
- Valid CDL-A is strongly desired.
- Ability to pass a DOT physical.
Equal Opportunity Employer
ElectriCom is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, ancestry, nationality, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or on any other basis prohibited by law (except where an attribute is a bona fide occupational qualification).