This is multifaceted difficult and responsible clerical/administrative work, which involves a complex work methods and problems. Work involves performing a wide variety of clerical functions, which requires the application of higher judgment in the interpretation of policies, procedures and regulations. The variety of work differs among positions, but employees in this class are responsible for finality of actions. Work involves customer service, accounts payable, spreadsheet preparation, report production and various projects. Work in the class is performed under the general supervision of the Office Manager and is reviewed in a general manner on the basis of results obtained.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete an on-line application at no later than August 8, 2021.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides customer service on the telephone, at the counter and on the radio. Makes the appropriate referrals when necessary.
• Responds to inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
• Types and edits a wide variety of correspondence.
• Assists with the E-bay Auction.
• Processes weight limit permits.
• Compiles, updates and distributes the City Emergency Call Book and Operations Policy Manual and maintains the department's employee database.
• Maintains internal job postings as primary contact at MSB.
• Coordinates and prepares all travel arrangements including travel authorization forms.
• Generates, edits and proofs DPW articles for the City Guide.
• Maintains the DPW 24-hour information telephone line and voicemail system.
• Creates and distributes Public Service Announcements.
• Creates water job orders, work orders and customer service requests.
• Creates and prints query reports as needed.
• Enters, edits and posts the MS and Water inventory tags and receipts on a daily basis.
• Performs inventory adjustments, attends and prepares annual inventory reports to reconcile physical quantities against account ledger balance.
• Prepares and balances deposits for MSB and two yard waste sites.
• Processes account payable and account receivable bills for the Operations Division.
• Processes a large volume of procurement card entries for the Department of Public Works on a daily basis.
• Participates on the DPW Safety Committee and performs building inspections.
• Maintains regular punctual and predictable attendance, changes shift, works overtime and extra hours as required.
• Performs back-up duties for other clerical members.
• Prepares and maintains department mail, files, records and reports.
• Assists with the divisions calendars and contact groups.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Considerable experience in responsible clerical/administrative work; graduation from high school, plus additional training of at least one to two years of college, business or technical school; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the following knowledge, abilities and skills:
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
• Knowledge of AS400 or iSeries.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and vocabulary.
• Knowledge of department rules, regulations, procedures and functions.
• Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public, and to deal with the public in a courteous and tactful manner.
• Strong ability to maintain accounting, office records, compile difficult data and prepare accurate reports.
• Ability to work accurately under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of continuous improvement and employee involvement programs.
• Valid driver's license and good driving record.