Unique opportunity to work in the heart of an investment team. Coordinate all aspects of day-to-day business support needs and be a key member on this fast-paced team. This environment is ideal for a quick learner interested in learning how the investment business works.
• Provides administrative support to Portfolio Managers and investment teams.
• Typical duties include scheduling meetings/conferences, preparing presentations, internal and external communications, travel arrangements, expense reports and invoice management, coordinating department programs and conference rooms, and special events or conferences.
• Responds to ad hoc requests and manages small projects such as filing, copying, expenses, etc.
• Must have at least three years of administrative experience, with a high school diploma (or equivalent).
• Proficiency w/ Microsoft suite programs (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
• Capacity to multi-task, quickly change direction and independently prioritize work in order to support multiple people.
• Ability to anticipate business needs, utilize independent judgment and have a demonstrated aptitude of discretion while accessing and handling sensitive information.
• Experience with arranging/booking travel.
• Experience being efficient and skillful while working in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to interact with multiple teams and individuals at various professional levels and locations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• Bachelor's degree or Associates degree preferred or equivalent years of experience.
• Experience with administrative programs: Ariba Buyer, Axiom, Concur, etc.
• Financial services industry experience is favorable and/or basic level of understanding of the financial markets would be beneficial.
• Experience working within an operational and compliance environment a plus.
About Our Company
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.