ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for all basic office administrative tasks including, but not limited to, corresponding directly with Education Services client, ABM Staff, new hire on-boarding, answering phones, filing, data entry, ordering supplies, payroll assistance and will perform any additional duties as directed by Management. This position reports directly to the Account Manager and provides additional support to the Assistant Account Managers and site supervisor/lead as needed.
Essential Duties -Administrative Functions
• Assist the Account Manager and/or Assistant Account Managers and site supervisor/leads with any admin duties.
• Conduct and answer phone calls/emails & door access intercom system. This includes campus radios too
• Create and maintain weekly spreadsheets for processing, staffing roster, PTO accruals and trackers, seniority lists, etc. also any client site specific data lists
• Verify and create schedules and hourly reports for staff in EPAY.
• Track daily missed punches and communicate with staff members to get them corrected. Also inform manager/supervisor/lead of this in order to make sure all shifts and areas are covered
• Maintain files and documents organized for easy management access. Both on computer and in office file cabinet
• Mail checks for hourly employees.
• Complete and send off Employee change forms. Follow process progress until the employee is satisfied with the task.
Represent ABM in a professional manner
Perform M-power Site Inspections and SWOPS
Share/print Daily and Monthly Safety topics and process any attendance sheets
HR related functions:
• Provide manager and employees with employee number once hired.
• Schedule and assist in training/orientations for new employees as needed.
• Create new employee personnel folders, and maintain all employee files.
• Disposition applicants as needed.
Onboard new employees
• Sign employees up for Delivery, Direct Deposit, Money Network Card etc.
• Complete employment verification requests.
• Assist managers/HR staff with unemployment claims.
• Forward Garnishments.
• Create a monthly discrepancy for Anniversary pay and submit to payroll.
• Assist hourly employees with any questions or concerns.
Type and assist/witness employee corrective actions
Represent ABM in a professional manner
Review and remind new and existing employees of ABM employee handbook policies
Client related functions
- Attend client meetings, take notes, and meet with ABM team to ensure client request is completed
- Independently problem solve client and employee requests
- Conference Services - attend meetings, communicate with, confirm successful event set ups, be aware of ABM event set up progress, learn and know all conference service set up and request
- Obtain, review, and confirm weekly Ops report tasks
- Check and forward campus email communications multiple times per day
- Check and forward campus work order system multiple times per day
- Print, review, hand out, confirm campus work orders and close once confirmed completed
- Complete hands on tasks if/when no one is available.
- Represent ABM in a professional manner
- Be at the office/onsite for client and employee needs
• High School Diploma or GED required. Associate or bachelor's degree in applicable field of study preferred.
• Two (2) or more years of Office Administrative experience.
• Demonstrate an advance level of experience with Microsoft Office software applications, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Word.
Baltimore, MD 21210 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice