Make a bigger difference
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to 3 weeks' vacation days at hire
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension.
- Unlimited employee referral bonus opportunities
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through our many company initiatives, including employee resource groups (ERGs) like Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
ABOUT THE JOB
The Bay Ridge Counseling Center is a licensed outpatient mental health clinic that provides services to all age groups from young children to adolescents and adults. This program offers a full spectrum of services to address the social and emotional well-being of all individuals in a safe and nurturing culturally sensitive environment.
The Administrative Assistant provides secretarial and administrative support for the program. Responsibilities include:
- Working with clients to resolve any billing issues identified by the Fiscal department and Office Manager.
- Running and monitoring Lumeon appointment reports and communicate any concerns or needs to the office manager.
- Submitting fee applications via IT Sys Aid.
- Providing front desk coverage, which includes answering phones, checking-in clients, notifying providers, distributing metro cards and collecting fees.
- Assigning clients to therapists during open access hours.
- Data entry in the Psyckes MyChois and other systems, as directed by Office Manager.
- Processing medical record requests received from attorneys, lawyers, social security/subpoenas.
- Obtaining medication authorizations from insurance companies when indicated.
- Running reports and distributing it to appropriate staff.
- Assisting with other administrative duties and projects as needed.
- PTAR/MetroCard Reconciliation daily/monthly.
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented Administrative Assistants of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- A minimum of three years' experience in a secretarial/administrative assistant capacity preferred.
- Knowledge of computer software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and database desktop publishing capabilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.