Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) is a versatile, tribally owned 8(a), SDB providing solutions throughout the U.S. and overseas. CNSP has expertise in a wide range of technical disciplines, including global vulnerability assessment, information assurance, intelligence operations, program management and professional services with partners in Information Technology. CNSP is owned by Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. One-hundred percent of the company's profits support future business investments and the well-being of the tribe's citizens through health care, education and job creation, ensuring better lives for Cherokees today and tomorrow.
For more company information, visit our site at
CNSP is recruiting for an Acquisition Manager-Program support specialist with the Air Combat Command's (ACC) Acquisition Management & Integration Center (AMIC) to support its Counter Narcotics & Global Threats (CNGT) division. This position will perform a wide variety of complex duties in support of CNGT, but will focus on the development of all acquisition pre and post-award documentation in support of counter-narcotics requirements, inclusive of activities associated with developing, reviewing, and issuing task orders for third-party contracts. Additionally, this position will support analyzing, analyzing, and assessing the adequacy, timeliness, and cost-effectiveness of work performed by third party Contractors as required by individual task orders and as required at Program Management Reviews (PMR).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Assist in conducting research to define and refine requirements, draft acquisition documents (i.e., PWS/Statement of Work (SOW)/Statement of Objectives (SOO), cost estimates, sole source justification and approvals, etc.), and support other tasks as required by the US Government.
- Facilitate development of work breakdown structures and risk analysis as part of the development of the PWS, SOW, or SOO and solicitations.
- Assist the USG with developing and updating templates as required
- Provide advisor and recorder support for CNGT technical evaluations of third party proposals and provide recommendations to the USG.
- File and maintain all contract documentation.
- Assist in reviewing invoices to determine if all requirements to submit the invoice, the accuracy of the invoice and recommend whether their assessment is that the invoice is allocable, allowable, and reasonable.
- Enter contract information; update contract status and information; upload and maintain quality documents.
- This position has no supervisory and/or managerial authority
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor's degree is desired
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is mandatory
- A Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification is required
- A higher certification; such as a Project Management Professional certification (PMP) is a plus
- The government requires the contractor employees to have CAPM or equivalent certification within 90 calendar days from the candidates' employment start date.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 8 years of acquisition experience to include 2 years of program management experience, and 2 years of service acquisition experience, which demonstrates familiarity, and experience working with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), and Air Force Acquisition Regulation Supplement (AFFARS).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good organizational, interpersonal and judgment skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior military or federal agency experience is a plus.
- An Active Secret Clearance
- Successfully pass a drug screen and federal background check
Workspace will be in a US government facility with controlled access and/or military installation. There is the potential for teleworking as required
About Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Federal - a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses - is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation's mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. Our team of companies manages nearly 1,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, consulting, engineering and manufacturing, health, and technology portfolios. Since 2012, the Cherokee Federal team of companies has won more than $5 billion in government contracts. Our 3,000+ employees work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories. Why choose Cherokee Federal? Visit our website and learn about the great reasons to join our team.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster;
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision;
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2020 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at . This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.