GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit .
The Accounts Payable Manager is a key contributor in the Finance organization who manages and administers all accounts payable operations and other ad hoc analysis as required. You are an accounting professional with experience in a fast-paced private or public company environment who has demonstrated experience supporting the accounting function to meet the needs of a changing and growing business.
- Lead, direct and monitor all accounts payable processing, including review of transactions to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with company policies and internal controls
- Collaborate with the Procurement and Warehouse departments to resolve purchase order, item receipts, and vendor invoice issues to ensure timely resolution of discrepancies identified
- Oversee the expense reimbursement system (Concur) administration and operations including detailed review for compliance with internal policies, reimbursement, GL coding and posting and accruals
- Participate and assist in the month-end close process, preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure timeliness of annual vendor 1099's filing and other AP compliance reporting requirements
- Proactive in identifying ways to improve efficiency and implementing change initiatives in the accounts payable systems and processes to support growing business needs
- Provide guidance and training across functional departments regarding account code classifications for vendor invoices and expense reports in accordance with company guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles
- Act as point of escalation for accounts payable and business process owners to ensure timely remediation of issues
- Manage and develop team members to meet key metrics such as on-time and accurate invoice processing and to plan and execute improvement projects
- Participate in special projects, analysis and ad-hoc tasks as required by management
Your background should include:
- 7+ years of progressive progressive accounting experience with in-depth knowledge of accounts payable, and T&E processes.
- 5+ years of experience managing and leading an accounts payable team
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Netsuite, Coupa and Concur are preferred
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast paced and growth oriented environment
- Advanced Excel and Google Suite of products (Sheets, Docs) is a plus
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- Logical and critical thinking skills
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
- Experience in Life Science industries preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GRAIL, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("GRAIL") does not accept any liability for fees for resumes from recruiters or employment agencies ("Agency"), without a binding, written recruitment agreement between GRAIL and Agency describing the services and specific job openings ("Agreement"). GRAIL may consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume and explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the Agency, unless an Agreement is in place. Any email or verbal contacts with any person within GRAIL is inadequate to create a binding agreement. Agencies without an Agreement are requested not to contact any hiring managers of GRAIL with recruiting inquiries or resumes. Agencies interested in partnering with GRAIL may contact GRAIL's HR Department through our Customer Service team .