The Accounting Manager is a key position responsible for creating accurate and timely financiarecords for the organization and reports to the Controller. This is a very handson position and requires excellent analytical, leadership, and communication skills.
- Reviews the weekly check run prepared by the accounts payable staff and finalize list of vendors that need to be paid during the period.
- Prepares and reviews the monthly financial statements and general ledger postings including month end account reconciliations.
- Assess current practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
- Grow and develop a highperforming team. Embrace and model values and hold team accountable for the same.
- Manage all banking transactions, daily bank balances, and daily cash report.
- Manage fixed asset ledger, record monthly depreciation, and record asset sales/disposals.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and reviews accounting classification in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Actively involved for any and all audits related to accounting and/or finance.
- Play a key role on the Finance Leadership Team
- Performs ad-hoc projects and analysis as necessary.
- 7 - 10 years of advanced accounting and/or financial reporting experience.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Advanced understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professional demeanor.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills are essential. Can effectively collaborate cross-functionally as required.
- Previous supervisory experience. Should be an exceptional individual who has strong cross-cultural people management skills.
- Strong financial and analytical skills; comfortable operating in a data driven environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Is tech savvy; Proficient with accounting software (QuickBooks), Microsoft Office Suite, pivot tables and other relevant tools..
- Well organized, flexible and multi-task oriented.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA preferred, and/or 7+ years of accounting experience preferably in a midsize or large cap company known for strong accounting practices.
Food Safety & Quality Requirements/Responsibilities:
- Adheres to all Food Safety/Quality SOP's
- The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a general office environment where the noise level is usually moderate.