Education & Experience:
• A minimum of 2 years of related progressive experience in hotel Accounting or related field
• Ensure that all levels of management are promptly notified of any financial deviations from established policies and/or control weaknesses in the hotel.
• Effectively manage and communicate cash flow related issues, as required to management and ownership. This includes the accurate and timely preparation of cash-flow statements, management of receivables, cash balances, control mechanisms and timely deposits of all funds.
• Monitor hotel revenues and expenses and ensure the accurate recording in accordance with Crescent Hotels and Resorts established guidelines. Investigate and critique variances to budget or to prior year and offer practical improvement strategies to management.
• Ensure hotels' compliance on all regulatory licenses and permits, leases, contracts, legal agreements, and the proper execution of all operational taxes. Provide assistance to management in enforcing compliance on all these items.
• Coordinate the completion of all forecasts and budgets as required, with the full and active participation of EC Team and department managers.
• Ensure that all balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliations are reconciled on a timely basis.
• Establish and continually audit all internal financial controls including purchasing, cash handling, disbursements, credit extension, inventories, hotel assets, master keys, payroll, and employee records.
• Maintain compliance with Crescent Hotels and Resorts standards and regulations to ensure safe and efficient operation of the hotel.
• Ensure proper utilization, maintenance and periodic upgrades of all IT systems and equipment.
• Review and submit a Daily Revenue Report.
• Ensure timely deposit of all cash and transmission of Credit Cards.
• Review Labor Report for overtime and any variance to Forecast.
• Review departmental Checkbooks and advise of any needed changes.
• Update GM on any unfavorable financial issues impacting the month.
• Ensure there is sufficient cash to meet all scheduled obligations.
• Reconcile Balance Sheet with proper back up.
• Ensure that all banks are counted.
• Count the main vault.
• Review "Key Financial Controls" Checklist to ensure adherence and compliance.
• Review actual numbers to forecast to find discrepancies in forecasting to improve accuracy in future months.
• Participate in the monthly Credit Meeting.
• Actively participate, complete and review the forecast with Department Heads prior to submission.
• Complete the Internal Control Questionnaire (ICQ) bi-annually.
• Conduct a surprise payroll audit bi-annually.
• Actively participate, complete and review the annual budget with Department Heads prior to submission.
Conduct and/or attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency:
• Ensure and monitor that the hotel is in compliance with all report deadlines and due dates and reacts accordingly.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in finding and implementing their solutions.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Crescent Hotels and Resorts standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the professional attire and nametag when working.
• Comply at all times with Crescent Hotels and Resorts standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations
• Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
• Attend meetings/training as required by management.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.