Job Title: Account Manager -Property and Casualty
Department Property and Casualty
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Work hour: 9:00 am-5:30 pm
Under the direction of the Vice President, the Account Manager Representative interfaces with an assigned list of accounts involving the Company's portfolio of products (i.e. life, property, casualty, health, automotive, or other types of insurance.) This individual is responsible for customer satisfaction, problem resolution and account retention.
• Meet with prospective customers in person and follows-up via e-mail or telephone to obtain a sales order and contract
• Answers customers' questions regarding products, prices, availability, uses, delivery and other related inquiries
• Prepares, distributes, and coordinates corresponding sales contracts and associated required forms to complete sales orders
• Knowledge of full portfolio of SCIS products and services; actively cross-sells full breadth and depth of products.
• Submits sales orders for further compliance verifications and processing
• Coordinates with Customer Service Representatives, the ordering and issuing of binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items: verifies their accuracy, forwards them to clients with appropriate correspondence
• Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals for word processing as needed and in coordination with Account Representatives, and Customer Service Representatives according to Company's procedures.
• Processes renewals in coordination with Account Representatives, and Customer Service Representatives according to Company's procedures
• Reviews audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier
• Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary.
• Maintains confidentiality of Company and customer information; including pricing, growth projections market share and other materials that can be used by the competition
• Calculates premiums and establish payment method.
• Calls on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
• Confers with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy. Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage.
• Customizes insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
• Works independently and uses own judgment on client issues; however, collaborates with colleagues in a team like environment, and exchanges information useful to ensuring sales success, such as selling strategies and techniques, market trends, and other pertinent information
• Conducts sales presentations utilizing Company sales materials.
• Supervises and ensures that there is quality service delivery.
• Gives advice and quality information to colleagues and junior staff.
• Ensures that clients are complying with insurance procedures at the brokerage or agency.
• Ensure that accounts are in term with legal and market updates.
• Provides exceptional customer service to customer accounts
• Interfaces with customers a minimum of 50% of the time inside of the sales office
• Other tasks as assigned by Vice President and/or Executive Management.
• College education with a minimum of 2 years of insurance or risk management experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.