Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Generate and convert leads and deliver rapid and profitable growth, while leveraging and improving Knight's resources, relationships, and market position.
- Identify opportunities to maximize revenue by collaborating with other lines of business to deliver best transit solution to customer (LH, IM or Logistics).
- Solicit freight from customers and prospects to drive rapid and sustainable growth.
- Monitor, bid and handle awarded freight by working with designated department personnel.
- Review contracts with existing customers and identify opportunities to solicit additional revenue.
- Serve as an extension of sales to increase customer business and opportunities by brokering to outside service providers.
- Provide quotes to customers for potential new lanes of business.
- Maintain focus on key performance indicators, reports, metrics and methods for ongoing measurement of customer performance and departmental success.
- Monitor Logistics Email Box and marketing campaigns to ensure timely lead follow-up and best-in-class customer service.
- Monitor and trace shipments from pick up to delivery, proactively notifying the customer of service issues. Research and code all applicable service failures.
- Maintain current reporting, contact information and key account notes through appropriate websites or other CRM tool(s).
- achieve outbound calls frequency objectives.
- Anticipate and facilitate problem resolution on all shipment issues to meet or exceed total satisfaction of customers and service providers.
- Assist designated department personnel with collection issues upon request.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description:
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- Previous sales experience required.
- Transportation industry and/or 3PL knowledge preferred.
- Bachelors' in business or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Bachelors' or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
- Must be results oriented.
- Must possess exemplary telephone skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and purpose.
- Must be able to collaborate with others on team and across business functions.
- Must be able to adapt to ever changing situations.
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite tools.
What we offer:
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.