Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryPerform standard duties utilizing developed procedures on assignments of moderate complexity. Follows standard policies to complete work. Works within moderate limits to process applications. Possesses procedural knowledge and skills that enable task accomplishment.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
May include all or the majority but not limited to these components:
(ML-Management Liability, O-Operations, S-Surety)
- Pre-quote and post-bind u/w activities, by account (ML, O).
- Bills, assembles and distributes Bond products according to procedural guidelines.
- Books and issues (O).
- Understands policy documents.
- Solicitation requirements (O).
- Pre-populates Workbook with easily-available financial and other data (O, ML).
- Pull prospect lists for underwriting teams from the Vault.
- Scrub and distribute new business leads from Middle Market to the underwriting teams (ML).
- Assist in the Polaris training of new underwriters (ML).
- New business processing including extended time and/or warranty (S).
- Set up renewal solicitation for each underwriting team including storage of proof of notice in the EFC (ML).
- Pull credit, Guidestar, Westlaw and ERISA reports.
- Closeout of bonds with extended time and/or warranty provisions (S).
- New business and closeout with deviated commission scales (S).
- Complete management of Final Contract Price report process including pulling the reports, compiling the final price information, sending to the agent and managing the process through final closeout and processing of over/under run premiums (S).
- New business processing involving joint ventures (S).
- New business processing involving co-sureties (S).
- May assist in audits, set up of QAP forms (ML); QAP action plans (O).
- Processes cancellations.
- Process Mid-Term changes, surety riders (S).
- Follow-up on non-pays (S).
- Review delinquency pay and follow up with agency. Monitor and review all past-due obligations (60 and 90 day) (ML).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's degree or one year of work experience required.
- Basic software skills required (Windows MS Office).
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Typically has 2 or more years of experience in the Insurance industry.
Licensing or Certificates
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Understanding of insurance terms and Underwriting instructions: Intermediate.
- Communication: Basic.
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Customer Focus: Intermediate.
- Provides service excellence to internal or external clients.
- MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn computer systems: Basic.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment.
- Requires extended periods of computer use.
- Requires extended periods of sitting.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.