Do you want to work for the global leader in the language services and technology industry? Are you interested in helping international brands/organizations find and implement solutions that allow them to communicate, operate and sell their products and services efficiently and effectively? And are you the type of person who enjoys working in an innovative and vibrant workplace? Then TransPerfect is for you!
So you like what you hear but haven't worked in 'language' before? That is not a problem, TransPerfect is far from "just a translation agency". Our services portfolio covers everything from business support services such as interpretation, multicultural and digital marketing, SEO and website globalization to multimedia work, video, e-learning and training, and legal support services. All services and client partnerships are aided by best-in-breed software platforms, specialized in optimizing business processes.
That's enough about us - what about you?
We look for and appreciate anyone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in! We offer a fast growth path and provide full training around our services, technology solutions and workflows. Therefore the key skills we are looking for are solid communication and relationship building abilities, keeping a cool head if situations get a bit stressful and really owning your role, taking responsibility for your clients and their business success.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! We have 90 offices worldwide but this particular opportunity is based in our Midtown Manhattan office. We offer career development and an attractive bonus plan and social events are organized frequently.
Full details on the role are below:
Summary: The position of Account Manager is responsible for developing new business relationships and serving as the first level of support to existing clients.
- Develop prospective clients through several strategies including internet research, trade show lists, referrals, various professional directories and personal investigation
- Foster and close new clients through referrals, cold calling, networking, and other means (tradeshows, regional organizations, etc.)
- Responsible for growing new business from existing clients, including working closely with senior leadership to expand current relationships and upsell the TransPerfect portfolio.
- Creatively problem solve to improve current new business development strategy
- Negotiate rates and deadlines with prospective and current clients
- Educate prospective and existing clients regarding the translation process, including TransPerfect's rates, justification for turnaround time, and competitors' information
- Liaise with production to ensure that all jobs are handled appropriately and with keen attention to detail, resulting in a perfect product
- Consistently follow up with clients to ensure their satisfaction with delivery, quality and customer service
- Understand all industries that TransPerfect markets to including industry leaders, current events and any other pertinent data
- Perform other special projects or duties when required
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective time management