ACP, Inc. is growing and adding a 2 nd shift production team! We are looking for a 2nd Shift Production Manager to lead and support our 2nd shift operation in producting commercial high-speed and microwave ovens used in some of your favorite restaurants! Hours: 4:15 pm - 3:30 am Monday - Thursday and Fridays as needed for overtime supervision, etc.
WHO IS ACP, Inc. ? We are the 'hidden gem employer in SW Cedar Rapids' and believe that the quality of our products is directly related to the quality of the people that make them. From Cedar Rapids, Iowa, our team provides restaurant operators around the world the very best in accelerated cooking ovens!
We are a team of approximately 150+ employees who are proud to be 'Made in the USA', and the only US manufacturer of commercial high-speed oven equipment. We are the leader in our equipment category; and we have been designing and manufacturing our products, here in Iowa, since 1969!
The 2nd Shift Production Manager will lead and support all aspects of manufacturing activities on the 2nd shift. This is a hands-on leadership role. Will provide leadership, coaching, training and follow-up to the fabrication, welding and assembly area associates for the shift. They will be responsible for the performance of the shift. Will need to evaluate performance in accordance with established procedures and guidelines to insure quality, safety, productivity and delivery standards are met.
Responsibilities will also include ensuring processes are followed, product is built correctly through regular audits of completed work, evaluating department effectiveness daily, developing cross training strategy to ensure the shift is set-up for success or is developing depth and flexibility over time. Will lead the assessment and resolution of day-to-day shift issues while communicating electronically and face-to-face with Fabrication Manager and Assembly Manager on performance, execution and continuous improvement.
The 2nd Shift Production Manager should have the following technical and leadership experience/knowledge or be able to learn it quickly:
- Effective employee relations; providing employee coaching and development. Participate in the hiring process of shift associates.
- Planning and coordinating work including resource allocation, overtime scheduling, and cross training to maximize shift execution daily.
- Utilize quality assurance methods, set-up reduction and general fabrication operations ideals; should possess familiarity with or hands-on experience with Laser/Turret, Press Brake, Spot Welding, Assembly and Material Handling operations and equipment.
- Ability to perform hands-on trouble shooting of product and collaborate with Maintenance and operators on equipment issues as well as any part quality issues.
- Provide leadership and direction to associates/team leads/maintenance on the shift. Coach, train, counsel, and evaluate performance of team members against company production, safety, quality, and delivery metrics and goals.
- Soft tooling background with experience on turrets, lasers, and press brakes.
- Resistance welding knowledge/experience/exposure to understand set-up/validation of welds and process expectations
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Interact with MRP to locate parts, ensure accurate reporting and updating any inventory discrepancies.
- Participate in daily shift change meeting to understand any changing expectations and/or challenges entering the shift.
- Provides a summary each night of performance and any issues to communicate for the start of the next shift.
- Bachelor's degree in manufacturing, industrial engineering, production management or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of technical training and education coupled with related hands-on work experience.
- 3+ years related in a high accountability culture and metrics driven environment while leading production area associates.
- Must possess strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to read drawings and perform basic math. Ability to interpret engineering drawings/manufacturing instructions of assigned areas and product.
- Basic PC proficiency, data entry, email, typing skills. Experience using MRP and MS Office tools.
- Must be able to create and maintain safety, quality and process documentation.
- Must have excellent communication skills with all levels of operation and leadership team.
- Must be able to cover shift leadership for OT days
Pre-employment drug test is required
Excellent benefits starting the first of the month following your hire date!